1411 Industrial Road
DONATION COORDINATION (60%)
This position will be in charge of coordinating our ongoing in-kind donation requests.
• Respond to email, online, telephone, and in-person pick up requests within 24-48 hours of receipt.
• Provide an excellent donor experience by ensuring that donors receive consistent guidance on what we receive, scheduling appointments, associated fees, communicating arrival windows, timely follow ups, etc.
• Guarentees quality control by checking in with donation team at the beginning and end of each shift and circles back with donors (thank you calls, donation receipt updates, etc.).
• Works to increase total amount of monetary donations collected as part of our pick up service
• Prioritizes commercial and corporate donors for high-value, recurring donations and manages 8283 form requests.
• Collaborates with both management and donation team to streamline existing processes to build donation pick up capacity.
• Works closely with the GM and AMRT to help hit and report on donation benchmarks
DATA ENTRY, COLLECTION, & COORDINATION (10%)
This position will be in charge of properly entering and reporting total volunteer hours worked
at our site.
• Maintains volunteer sign-in sheets, supplies, & waivers
• Enters all volunteer hours worked at the ReStore
• Flags duplicate or incorrect entries and records to Data Management team for correction, merging, and / or removal
• Receives weekly entry reports from Data Coordinator and works to update or otherwise correct any misentered or unentered entries
ADMINISTRATIVE EVALUATION, COORDINATION & REPORTING (30%)
This position will be in charge of coordinating and fulfilling all general office needs.
• Liaises with affiliate Finance department to ensure proper transmitting and recording of financial records, receipts, billing terms, and related documents
• Coordinates and creates various reports including sales dashboard, P&L statements, etc.
• Coordinates with affiliate HR department around submissions deadlines and general documentation and facilitates the creation and scheduling of trainings. Helps ensure department-wide adherence to standard operating procedures, manuals, and policies
• Researches, negotiates and books all vendor / supplier services and goods
• Maintains an organized and functional office space
• Coordinates with 3rd-party IT on equipment & software needs / issues
• Processes all mail and deliveries
• Scans and promises receipts in regards to general spending
• Partners with General Manager to plan internal events
This full-time position is $20/hour and offers health, dental and vision insurance, chiropractic/acupuncture, life insurance, long-term disability, employee assistance program (EAP), Flex Savings Account (FSA), 403b retirement account, commuter benefits and 20 days paid time off in addition to 12 paid holidays, and 3 days of paid sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
• Professional career with 2–3 years of increasing responsibility
• Self-starter, self-directed, and goal-oriented
• Strong administrative and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize a diverse task list with varying deadlines and levels of urgency
• Strong communication skills, including:
o A warm and thoughtful interpersonal communication style
o A professional writing style
o Experience interacting with / coordinating group
• Willingness to collaborate as a team player and work with a broad team of staff, volunteer leaders, and both corporate and day volunteers to achieve outcomes
• Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of populations served
• Knowledge of standard office software (Outlook, Microsoft Office, Excel)
• Willingness to learn a suite of applications and programs (ThriftCart, Salesforce, Shopkeep)
• Must be able to work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule
• Valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record – may require staff to transport materials and supplies
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
• Must be able to pass felony and misdemeanor background check
• Must be able to pass background check
• Experience with project coordination preferred
Minimum Education Required