National Director of Career Development
1414 S Grand Ave
The mission of SCS Noonan Scholars is for high-achieving, low-income, underrepresented students to get into
and graduate from top colleges equipped to reach their full career potential.
SCS Noonan Scholars’ two-part, six year-long program provides a continuum of support for our students that
directly addresses the unique barriers they face in entering and succeeding at selective colleges and in
competitive careers. Our Scholars benefit from admissions and intensive academic preparation before college
and a comprehensive set of academic, personal, social-emotional, financial, and career supports throughout
In order to prepare students to be competitive entrants into the careers of their choosing, SCS Noonan Scholars
is currently expanding and deepening our career support program, which will engage students throughout the
entire 6 years of their Scholar journey. Our career support will begin as rising high school seniors and rising first-
year college students participate in our 2018 Summer Academy, where they will take part in career exploration
programming, vocational discernment workshops, career panels, and individualized career guidance sessions.
After Summer Academy, as Scholars enter college, SCS Noonan Scholars will provide students with the ongoing
individualized career guidance they need, including detailed career planning and industry-specific internship and
job application support. Along with providing highly impactful career programming for students, the SCS Noonan
Scholars career development team will work to cultivate and leverage corporate relationships, ensuring that
Scholars can access a strong network of prospective employers.
SCS Noonan Scholars is looking to recruit a National Director of Career Development who will serve as a
visionary and effective leader as we deepen the scope and impact of our career programming. The National
Director of Career Development will lead the career development team and will report to the Chief Program
• Program Leadership and Implementation (35%): In collaboration with the members of the career
development team, the National Director of Career Development will be responsible for the design and
implementation of the SCS Noonan Scholars career development curriculum and programming, including
individual support, major events, workshops, webinars, and the production of lasting resources.
• Team Leadership (35%): The Director will lead the growing career development team, which will include a
National Director of Career Partnerships and 3 Career Coaches, with additional staff in the years to come. In
this role, the Director will ensure that the team reaches its goal of equipping students to succeed in
competitive careers upon college graduation. The Director will be responsible for hiring, personnel
management, and talent development.
• Program Evaluation and Data (15%): The Director will be responsible for producing regular reports on the
impact of the career support program and for conducting ongoing program evaluation to inform the design
of and improvements to the program.
• Partner Engagement (15%): In collaboration with the Development team and the National Director of Career
Partnerships, the National Director of Career Development will engage with college and corporate partners
to support career programming and to establish internship and job opportunities for Scholars.
This position requires moderate national travel.
The Ideal Candidate
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum of ten years of professional experience, with at least five years in talent recruitment and/or talent
• Minimum of five years of experience managing a team
• Understanding of issues and challenges underrepresented students face in the work force
• A highly skilled relationship-builder who is able to effectively engage diverse stakeholders, including high
school and college students and corporate leaders.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills and ability to adapt message to diverse audiences
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• A strategic leader who is able to engage others in creating an ambitious vision and plan
• Interest in working within a fast-growing organization, demonstrating flexibility, passion, and a results-
orientation while maintaining a high level of energy and positive attitude.
• A highly-organized individual who is effective in taking initiative and prioritizing short term and long term
needs in a fast-paced work environment involving multiple projects and stakeholders
• Has a passion for working with a diverse, underserved community of college students
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SCS Noonan Scholars is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive
community. We particularly encourage applications from those who identify as people of color and/or as first-
generation college graduates.
For more information, please visit scsnoonan.org