540 President Street, Suite 2F
Filmmaker In Residence
Reel Works seek a professional filmmaker to lead Reel Works Fellows, an advanced filmmaking program for accomplished young directors and craftspeople with concentrations in cinematography, screenwriting, producing, and directing.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience teaching and mentoring young artists, and must have a professional resume that reflects a mature body of work with a distinctive voice.
- Curriculum & Lesson Plans - building on 16 years of experience, we invite all our teaching artists to customize the curriculum to his or her strengths and ideas to improve student experience and filmmaking outcomes.
- Student Recruitment - The Filmmaker in Residence will work with the Artistic Director to select 10 Fellows in the fall of 2018 for a year-long program.
- Teaching - The Filmmaker in Residence must lead an effective, engaging two-hour workshop once a week that challenges each participant to conceive, plan, shoot, and create original Capstone Projects for their professional portfolios.
- Assessment & Badging - The Filmmaker In Residence Instructor will use Reel Works original MediaMKRS digital badging system to acknowledge student progress, encourage skill development and assess student learning and achievement.
- Volunteer Recruitment & Management - Each student is paired 1:1 with a professional filmmaker-mentor. The Filmmaker in Residence supports outreach and recruitment of volunteers; mentor selection and matching; weekly communication and ongoing support of mentors throughout the workshop.
- Professional Development - Reel Works requires that all our teaching artists participate in our paid training program, Teaching Artist University which provides ongoing support and resources within a community of artist-instructors dedicated continuous improvement
- On-site Office Hours - The Filmmaker in Residence, with guidance from the Artistic Director, will host after-school office hours to assist students and alums from all programs with their personal projects, in-school projects, and their narrative/documentary films being worked on at Reel Works.
- The Filmmaker in Residence must be a professional filmmaker with extensive documentary and narrative experience.
- Experience teaching teens. The Filmmaker in Residence must engage, challenge and inspire young storytellers to achieve the excellence they are capable of.
- A knowledge of the principles of youth development, a high degree of self-awareness, strong personal boundaries and the ability to ask for help are all essential skills.
Salary: $30,000/Year Part Time
Minimum Education Required