The Executive Assistant supports the day-to-day needs of the Chief Executive Officer’s work. Responsibilities include a wide variety of complex and broad ranging administrative and executive support tasks, as well independent projects related to the organization at large, the staff, and the program participant experience on campus. The Executive Assistant to the CEO will also participate as a member of the Omega Center for Sustainable Living (OCSL) team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of experience in complex office setting providing support services at the executive level
- Highly motivated; a great deal of personal initiative and drive
- Ability to self-organize, maintain focus, and follow through independently
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- High level of integrity; projects credibility
- Enjoys active participation in community organizations
- Ability to handle the demands of various personality types
- Team player
- Understanding of the content of Omega’s workshops
- Awareness of trends and development in the holistic education field
- Alignment with Omega’s mission, goals and core values
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide complete administrative and personal support to the CEO
- Anticipate the CEO’s needs and be proactive in addressing them; tasks include, but are not limited to, maintaining calendar and email information, coordinating travel arrangements, coordinating on- and off-site meetings and events, preparing key reports and updates, and providing support on other projects as necessary
- Independently organize and review calendars, emails, files, and other miscellaneous information and requests
- Plan and assist with meetings and events both on and off-site
- Handle confidential information with the utmost trust, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Support the work of the OCSL by assisting with special projects and other tasks.
- And other duties as deemed necessary by CEO
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position functions in Omega’s administrative offices on the Omega campus.
- Physical demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand, as necessary. Office workers aren't expected to perform heavy lifting regularly, but they may be expected to lift a box of paper, which weighs approximately 20 pounds.
- This is a full-time position.
- The days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. These times may fluctuate when special needs and projects arise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Omega complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable New York State or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, Omega will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
- Views work as a learning process toward personal growth
- Embraces the concept of a “learning community”
- Motivated to be in service to Omega’s mission
- Anticipates the needs of others and derives satisfaction from providing support
- High level of integrity; projects credibility
- Motivated and displays a great deal of personal initiative
- Capable of operations and systems-oriented thinking
- High level of energy with positive, can-do attitude
- Enjoys active participation in community events
How To Apply:
After carefully reviewing the requirements below, qualified individuals are invited to apply. A resume and well-crafted cover letter should be attached that serves as an introduction and includes the following:
- Why are you applying for this role?
- What can you offer Omega?
- What do you imagine this role will offer you professionally and personally?
- How do you know Omega’s work? Have you experienced us on campus or in some other way?
- In what way has your professional life reflected Omega's mission statement?
- In what way has Omega’s core values resonated within your work life and personal life?
- Which core value do you resonate with most fully and why?
- What are your salary requirements? (Feel free to state a range.)
- How did you find out about this position?