Carretera mexico-Veracruz, El Batan, Texcoco
State of Mexico
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Training Coordinator to work in Global Wheat Program.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Develop, coordinate, and administer the field-oriented Global Wheat Program (GWP) Basic Wheat Improvement Course (BWIC) and Advanced Wheat Improvement Course (AWIC) and facilitate other GWP training courses as needed.
- Maintain and improve the high quality of the courses and the global reputation of the Global Wheat Program as the premier place for hands-on, field-oriented training for wheat breeders.
- Ability to give some of the lectures and work together with the course participants in various training activities.
- Develop a detailed course curriculum for BWIC, AWIC and other courses, and periodically review and update the curricula based on needs assessments and input from stakeholders.
- Identify and/or develop relevant training material, such as research papers, books, videos, and manuals, complementing on-line courses on wheat improvement relevant disciplines.
- Manage the announcement of the courses, selection of participants and organization of logistics.
- Promote use of modern IT technologies (e.g. distant on-line courses complementing the BWIC and AWIC).
- Evaluate training program effectiveness and implement measures to improve the courses.
- Closely interact with Knowledge Management Unit and assure CIMMYT’s Learning Management System is properly populated.
- Contribute to research project development in capacity development relevant components.
- Contribute to analysis with Socio-economics Program on impact of CIMMYT’s formal wheat training activities.
- Potential additional responsibilities in scientific area, to be determined and developed based on successful candidate’s background.
The position is for an initial fixed-term for three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent oral and written English communication skills. Knowledge of Spanish desirable.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates must apply online to IRS18136 Training Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, October 29, 2018.
Applications must include a CV and a letter of interest. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Perez (email@example.com) or Yessica Castillo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.