355 Lexington Avenue
About Concern Worldwide
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern Worldwide has nearly 4,000 personnel working in 26 countries across the globe. Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear; where all have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in absolute poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable without ongoing support from Concern.
Concern Worldwide US is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide, with offices in New York and Chicago. Our mandate is to support the work of Concern Worldwide by financially supporting programs, representing Concern with national/international co-funders and organizations, facilitating the recruitment of personnel and raising the organization’s profile. In the area of communications, Concern Worldwide US is recognized by the wider Concern network and peer organizations as a leader in the production of world-class content as an essential tool for building awareness, engagement and income to support life-saving efforts around the globe. Concern Worldwide US also engages in development education programs with the general public and with high schools in the US.
- Action-oriented. You know how to get things done. You love to set challenging goals and then develop plans to deliver and achieve them
- Fast-paced. You can move quickly and smartly. When new opportunities emerge, you move quickly to capitalize on them
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage complex projects. You can communicate clearly and concisely. The moment you see a problem, you quickly come up with solutions and then implement them
- Comfortable with creatives and quants. You can work closely with designers and artists, but aren’t intimidated by spreadsheets and people who communicate with data. You know how to use metrics to create a detailed marketing plan that can be quantified and measured.
- Driven by digital. You are a digital-native who has a deep understanding of all digital platforms and channels. You know that a marketing strategy on Instagram should be different than one on Facebook, you know how to create an SEO/SEM strategy, and you know how to develop and deliver successful campaigns
- Passionate. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too
About the Role:
The Marketing Manager will take on an integral role within the organization, which will bring exciting opportunity for entrepreneurial leadership and achievement. The Marketing Manager will help lead in the development and implementation of strategies to increase revenue, awareness and engagement for the organization. The successful candidate will develop multi-year plans to aggressively grow the donor base and net revenue by leveraging powerful content that builds Concern’s visibility and relevancy in the U.S , as well as engaging, cultivating, retaining and upgrading donors. Whether they make a donation, subscribe to our email list, or attend an event, our aim is to give all our supporters a meaningful and rewarding experience so that they stay with us over the long term.
The Marketing Manager will report to the Communications Director as part of the Communications team based at Concern Worldwide US headquarters in New York City. The candidate will also work in close partnership with the Individual Giving team and the Database Manager, and will directly supervise the Marketing Officer.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with the Director and VP, Communications, and the Database Manager, provide vision, leadership, and strategy for sustainable growth across the digital and direct mail spectrum.
- Lead marketing and advertising strategies across web and social channels, including implementing effective messaging and appeal strategies.
- Lead digital content marketing strategy, including conceptualizing, planning, creating, placing, and repackaging content to build awareness, drive engagement, and improve conversion of audiences such as existing supporters and donors, priority influencers, and prospective new donors.
- Manage relationship with direct mail consultancy to ensure quality, performance, and coherence with Concern’s broader marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with the Database Manager to develop Concern’s email strategy and ensure integration with other marketing efforts.
- Act as SEO lead for Communications team, providing strategic and tactical guidance on content creation and optimization.
- Work closely with the Database Manager to develop Concern’s understanding of its audiences — including their preferences, behaviors, and motivations — through careful experimentation and testing.
- Work with Database Manager and Communications team to optimize all donor journeys/funnels to maximize engagement and income.
- Work closely with other members of the Communications and Development team to define ambitious yet achievable campaign KPIs.
- Regularly monitor performance across all channels (including social and web analytics), suggesting tactical adjustments as necessary and providing weekly, monthly, and annual reports on all campaign activity as well as comprehensive end-of-campaign reports.
- Act as media relations and PR lead when necessary.
- Act as a brand management lead to ensure that all marketing and communications materials maintain visual and verbal brand consistency.
The Marketing Manager must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in digital and direct mail fundraising. The successful candidate will display a strong passion for Concern. They should have a proven track record growing fundraising programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and/or record of continuing professional development preferred.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience and expertise in developing and implementing cohesive, innovative, aggressive, and integrated direct response strategies that have resulted in measurable and significant growth in net revenue and donor base.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing robust content marketing, search engine marketing, earned media, social media, and paid advertising strategies in the nonprofit space.
- Demonstrated success creating strategic appeal campaigns that communicate the case for support to individuals of various backgrounds.
- Demonstrated success maintaining an enterprise-wide perspective and utilizing strong analytical skills to maximize ROI.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to motivate others.
- Strong capacity for budgeting and negotiation.
- Strict adherence to ethical and confidentiality guidelines.
- A strong track record as an effective, team-oriented leader and a thoughtful collaborator.
- Knowledge of planning, finance, budgeting, and development information systems.
- Eligible to work in the US at time of application.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong commitment to the mission of Concern Worldwide; familiarity with or interest in the humanitarian or development sector a plus
- Can-do positive attitude and team orientation
- A deep, broad knowledge of industry best practices, standard operating procedures, and new approaches to digital fundraising and direct mail programs, system integration, and organizational efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and concisely (both in writing and orally); listens as well as gives advice, and respects the abilities of others.
- Exceptional organization, analytical, strategic planning, and research skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to solve problems and excel in a high-performance culture.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while completing responsibilities in a precise, dedicated, and flexible manner.
- Creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit; someone who is willing to try new ideas and think “outside the box,” and will motivate the team to do the same.
- A positive attitude and proven success as a strong, diplomatic mentor.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining disciplined adherence to program goals. Must work well under pressure.
- Business and/or Marketing degree preferred.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms such as Pardot, Marketo, or Hubspot an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Wordpress a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume. Be sure to include Marketing Manager in the subject line of your email.
We appreciate your interest working with Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. Due to high applicant volume we regret that we are not able to send personalized responses to all applicants. Only candidates short-listed for a first round interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
All positions at Concern Worldwide US are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.