Details: $14.00 / hour
1536 Wynkoop Street
We are looking to create a five-to-eight (5-8) person Mobile Farm Workforce (MFW) that will travel to farms in Boulder, Denver, Jefferson and Weld Counties this September and October to support smallholder and family farms with harvesting and general farm duties including hoeing, weeding, pruning, irrigation work, fence-mending, landscaping, and grounds clean-up.
Listening sessions conducted throughout Colorado in 2017 by Rocky Mountain Farmers Union (RMFU) revealed that there is a widespread need for trained and reliable labor on small-to-mid-sized farms.
The MFW is a pilot project and collaborative effort between RMFU, Veterans to Farmers, and UpRoot Colorado (UpRoot) and will operate twice weekly for a period of eight weeks. (Weekdays may include Mondays through Saturdays and we will work together to create a viable schedule.) We will meet at a central location in Metro Denver and use a van to travel to area farms in Boulder, Denver, Jefferson and Weld Counties to perform harvest work and a variety of on-farm duties.
- The role as harvester and on-farm laborer is part-time and on an independent-contractor basis for this pilot (i.e., this is currently a Form 1099-MISC contractor-based position)
- Starting pay is $14.00 per hour and includes a 30-minute lunch break plus two 15-minute breaks
- Food-safety training, harvest training, liability insurance, transportation, farm tools, and filtered water provided
- A brief qualitative survey will follow the pilot to learn about your experience
- UpRoot will offset travel to and from farms via Carbonfund.org or Terrapass
Level of Language Proficiency
English; multi-lingual candidates are most welcome to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The vision for this pilot is to holistically fill labor gaps, prove concept, and pave the way for a statewide, worker-owned cooperative that provides mobile, trained and reliable labor year-round to small and mid-sized farms.
If you are interested in taking part in the pilot, please email your resume and/or letter of interest to Dave Laskarzewski at email@example.com
Thank you very much for your consideration.