Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
1901 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The Communications and Knowledge Management Associate will contribute to internal and external communications and knowledge management strategies to strengthen communication and knowledge sharing between CORE Group, its membership and the broader International Community Health Network, to advocate for key community health activities and messages, and to demonstrate CORE Group’s value and impact in the field.
General responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
Provide communications support on grants, projects, and other partnerships.
- Assist HQ and secretariat staff of the USAID-funded CORE Group Polio Project (CGPP) to maintain the CGPP webpage, promote CGPP resources, and find new and innovative ways to share CGPP’s successes and legacy.
- Assist with communications efforts on USAID’s flagship Maternal and Child Survival Program, particularly as part of the Community Health and Civil Society Engagement team.
Provide additional communications support for other projects as needed. Strengthen collaboration and cross-learning between CORE Group, its membership, and the International Community Health Network.
- Contribute to communications during the planning, execution, and follow-up of CORE Group Global Health Practitioner Conferences and other events, including event promotion, knowledge capture during events, webinars and live-streaming, and reporting and dissemination after events. Provide additional event support as needed. Events may be domestic, international, or online/virtual.
- Assist with membership and community outreach in-person and online to strengthen knowledge sharing and solicit input on member and community needs.
- Provide communications support to CORE Group’s six Working Groups (communities of practice) in implementing their annual work plans, as needed.
Contribute to CORE Group’s online platforms, including websites and social media.
- Regularly update, contribute to CORE Group’s website with new and engaging content, including news/announcements, new resources, events, job postings, project updates, new members, and more.
- Assist with the creation, use and content of social media channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Mail Chimp and others.
- Use social media to further disseminate messages, with goal to reach overseas stakeholders and provide mechanisms for their collaboration.
- Assist with the monitoring of the CORE Group website and social media statistics, developing and analyzing quarterly reports.
- Assist with updating and maintaining the CORE Group and CGPP websites with relevant and timely content to meaningfully direct website traffic as needed.
- Assist in development of written, photographic and video content for both web portals.
- Assist in conducting outreach for CORE Group - sponsored events and relevant activities through the websites, social media outlets and other relevant forms of communication.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the use of different communication vehicles via Google Analytics and any other methods.
- Provide logistical support for CORE Group events as appropriate.
- Assist in development of new materials, including layout and formatting and ensure outreach materials are up to date and available in print form.
- Assist with video, photography other communications and social media activities as needs arise.
Develop, update, and disseminate CORE Group materials.
- Assist with the design of the CORE Group Annual Report.
- Assist with the collection of content for the monthly CORE Group e-newsletter, sharing the latest from CORE Group, the membership, and the global health field.
- Assist with inventory and asset management of all CORE Group materials.
- Ensure that all print and online communications are consistent with CORE Group messaging and brand marketing.
Assist with the implementation of an annual communications and knowledge management strategy.
- Maintain a communications calendar with key events, dates, and deadlines throughout the year.
- Assist with process of implementing the knowledge management and communications strategy. Contribute to business development and fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Partnership and Business Development on some aspects of proposal writing.
- Assist with conference sponsorship outreach and management.
CORE Group offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “CommsAssociate_LastName”” as the subject line – no phone calls please. Only potential interviewees will be contacted.