The Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Illinois is seeking a Senior Research Specialist.
• Collaborate with Principle Investigator and researchers to develop objectives and design of research projects and proposals.
• Formulate and conduct research studies and analyses. Performs complex data collection and study methods. Analyze and evaluate research results.
• Replicate, refine and add new research approaches based on project needs. Test, customize and implement new methods and procedures.
• Develop and write advanced, comprehensive protocols.
• Monitor project developments on an ongoing basis. Propose and implement changes as needed.
• Contribute material, prepare results and assist in the writing of research findings for publications, papers, presentations, grants, and other documents for publication.
• Assist principal investigator in grant and manuscript submission.
• Guide, train and advise lower level researchers and students on techniques, methods and procedures.
Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field required. Master’s degree in social science preferred.
A minimum of 5 years related research experience.
Possesses and applies advanced knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods.
For fullest consideration, resumes should be received by November 23, 2018. Please complete the online application at https//jobs.uic.edu/job-board.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Minimum Education Required