Training and Engagement Coordinator
- Job posted by Association for Neighborhood and Housing Development
Details: Salary: To be determined. Excellent benefits.
50 Broad Street
The Association for Neighborhood & Housing Development (ANHD) is a member-association of 99 neighborhood-based affordable housing and community development groups fighting for more just and equitable affordable housing development and preservation, tenant protection, and equitable economic development policies in New York City.
ANHD seeks a Training and Engagement Coordinator for an exciting new project to build on the work of two of ANHD’s current capacity-building projects by taking those projects from their current one-year cohort model and expanding them to include an ongoing, alumni-based career-long learning and mentoring model.
The two projects are:
1. The Center for Neighborhood Leadership (CNL), a sector-leading program which provides deep, multi-layered support to strengthen community organizing in New York City by training introductory and advanced cohorts of community organizers. CNL is the only organizing training program of its kind in NYC.
2. The Morgan Stanley Community Development Fellowship provides an opportunity for nine Master’s Degree students to take a significant role in a high-impact, community-based project targeting a low- and moderate-income neighborhood. The fellowship allows students to advance projects the host organizations would have not otherwise been able to pursue in areas such as research, economic development and affordable housing production.
The Training and Engagement Coordinator will work with current ANHD staff to develop and implement new program elements that will engage the participants of each of these programs with ongoing opportunities for career-long learning, mentoring and professional development that will grow with the addition of new participants every program year.
ANHD has an open, supportive and team oriented work environment. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is committed to community change and social justice.
- Conduct periodic Alumni needs assessments
- Conduct alumni outreach
- Oversee and analyze data collection
- Coordinate and Execute all logistics for Alumni Events including:
- Skills building trainings
- Community building gatherings
- Develop comprehensive and cohesive Alumni engagement plans specific to each distinct program (CNL & Morgan Stanley)
- Work in partnership with the CNL and Morgan Stanley program managers.
- Coordinate alumni mentoring programs
- Manage alumni social media accounts
- Additional administrative support as needed
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in leadership development, training, community development or related education fields.
- Outgoing personality with an interest in community building
- Passion for social justice work
- Experience with event planning
- Experience working directly with community organizations and/or community based campaigns
- Commitment to New York City’s neighborhoods and respect for community organizing and grassroots organizations
- Desired: marketing, knowledge of organizing, or community development
- Desired: Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
ANHD is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women and LGBTQ-identified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required