300 Longwood Ave.
At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced through major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Office of General Counsel and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Senior Administrative Assistant – Immigration Office will be responsible for:
- Intake and set-up of new or extension J-1 requests; acting as Alternate Responsible Officer in SEVIS for data entry, travel signature purposes, and reporting only.
- Monitoring “Alert List” in SEVIS and make necessary outreach to OIS staff, J-1 visa holders, and/or Departments regarding expirations, arrival deadlines, validation deadlines, etc.
- Assisting with new J-1 arrival registration and data entry of all required information into SEVIS.
- Organizing group informational meetings for visa holders; copying, scanning, and filing visa documents.
- Preparing and copying H-1B petitions to send to USCIS by FedEx and organizing semi-annual manager/administrator meetings for H-1B approval, emailing correspondence and approval notice for these meetings with H-1B visa holders.
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail and FedEx deliveries.
- Assisting with permanent residency (PERM) job postings.
- Communicating with sponsoring departments regarding BCH-sponsored permanent residency applications.
- Managing office supplies, picking up and depositing checks as needed.
- Participating in on-going archival projects and other ad-hoc administrative duties as necessary.
To qualify you must have:
- The level of knowledge typically acquired through completion of two years of occupationally‑specific education, a high-school degree, with 6 to 12 months of administrative support experience or an Associate's degree in business or a closely related field and three to four years of previous experience. A Bachelor's degree is preferred and 3+ years of administrative support experience.
- At least one year of experience working in a university or hospital international office or immigration law firm, working knowledge of SEVIS is preferred.
- The analytical skills to resolve problems that require the use of basic scientific, mathematical, or technical principles.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations. No certification, registration or licensure required.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Minimum Education Required