Details: Competitive Salary with Benefits
Iridescent is a global engineering and technology education nonprofit that supports low-income communities across the United States and worldwide (especially girls and mothers) to solve problems in their community using engineering and technology tools. It has been running for the past 13 years and has engaged more than 100,000 underserved children and parents across 115+ countries.
We are looking for a team member to lead our student and alumni engagement for one of our flagship programs - Technovation. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with experience in virtual community engagement and creating programming for young professionals.
● Do you have skills that can help Technovation deepen its outreach and engagement among young girls through our online curriculum and platform?
● Are you passionate about creating opportunities for youth in science, engineering, technology and entrepreneurship?
● Are you interested in leading efforts to launch training programs and support networks for young girls as they prepare to join the workforce?
Then we want to hear from you!
Technovation alumni are participants who have completed the program during the past 9 years and are either supporting Technovation or pursuing their STEM careers. This global community is a living proof to the success of our program! Select alumni join us each year as Student Ambassadors to support the expansion of the program in their communities. We hope to support these alumni beyond the Technovation program as they make important career choices.
As the Student and Alumni Coordinator, you will:
● Further develop programs to engage students and alumni of Technovation
● Be responsible for increasing our year-to-year retention of students (currently at 17%), by at least 5%
● Manage grant deliverables related to alumni for our main funders
● Lead student communication during the Technovation season
● Track student recruitment numbers across the globe
● Manage the Technovation Student Ambassador program including email communication, webinars, collecting and reviewing monthly reports and stories
● Track performance of Student ambassadors and share updates for grant reports
● Manage the Technovation Alumni platform including sending student invites, researching professional opportunities, internships and scholarships then sharing it with our alumni community
● Design, launch and lead the Technovation Alumni Accelerator program (a job-shadowing opportunity for alumni) that allows select alumni to access professional training and job shadow opportunities.
Required Qualifications and Abilities:Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience
● 3-5 years experience in event planning and project management
● Experience leading partnership recruitment and onboarding (non-profit experience preferred)
● Experience working or volunteering in schools
● Must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area
● Organized, detail oriented, and dependable, with a customer service orientation
● Analytical - comfort with managing data
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
● Ability to work with diverse people, organizations, communities, and cultures
● Strong communication and writing skills
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a small and virtual team
● Willingness to learn and adapt
● Innovative thinker and self-motivated team player
● Passion for improving educational experiences and outcomes for youth around the world
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please go to our website and follow instructions or please send an email to: email@example.com that includes:
- A cover letter expressing your interest, your relevant qualifications and experience
- Your resume
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
- Screening Task:
- How would you reach out to Facebook, LinkedIn, Spotify, Twitch, Blizzard and secure internships for our 12,500 Technovation alumnae?
- How would you connect with a Student Ambassador who hasn’t submitted any reports or has been inactive? Please provide a sample email.
- Examine the Technovation alumni platform and share three improvements to drive alumni interest and engagement.