Details: Commensurate with experiece
37 Grove Street
Position: Campaign & Public Relations Manager
Organization: Compass Family Services helps homeless families and families at imminent risk for homelessness to achieve housing stability, family well-being, and self-sufficiency. We are the access point for any SF family facing a housing crisis and our services include emergency shelter, transitional housing, rental assistance, early childhood education, mental health support, in addition to a broad spectrum of counseling, parenting education, prevention, and support services.
Reports to: Development Director
Classification: Salaried, exempt
Organizational Core Competencies:
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Compass Family Services has embarked on a 3-year comprehensive campaign: Housing. Support. Hope – The Campaign for the San Francisco Family, to raise $30 million to purchase and renovate a permanent home for three of its programs at 37 Grove Street, San Francisco, as well as raise the general operating support the agency needs to sustain its programs over the next three years. As such all of Compass’ development and fundraising efforts will be directed to the campaign. Over the course of the campaign, Compass will cultivate and solicit over 200 prospects by making over 900 visits to them in order to achieve its campaign goal.
The Campaign Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and Development Director to carry out the operational and administrative tasks of the campaign. They will work closely with and support campaign ambassadors, campaign committee members and board members to ensure a seamless donor development process throughout the various stages of the campaign.
Following are the responsibilities for the role and position:
- Participate in the development and implementation of an annual campaign calendar and plan.
- Research individual and institutional campaign prospects and prepare prospect profiles.
- Prepare donor briefings for campaign ambassadors before prospect visits (including summary of strategy), and plan and arrange presentations.
- Prepare campaign reports and updates for board and/or campaign steering committee meetings.
- Attend campaign planning meetings.
- Manage and prioritize workflow and attend supervision.
- Record all completed actions, next steps, assignments, changes of status, pledges, and other details in data base and various tracking documents.
- Track upcoming prospect visits and ensure briefings are being prepared in advance of visits and meetings.
- Prepare reports for individual solicitors and/or campaign committee showing assignments, next steps, and other moves.
- Update Campaign Dashboard, Moves Management Pipeline Chart, Gift Chart, and other campaign tracking and data systems.
- Reconcile Campaign numbers with accounting.
- Track naming opportunities.
- Ensure appropriate thank you notes and follow-up materials are sent after every visit.
- Send out, track and follow-up on pledge agreements.
- Monitor pledge payment schedules and reconcile campaign numbers in collaboration with Events & Systems Coordinator and Finance Department.
- Send out pledge reminders, follow up on overdue pledges.
- Respond to requests from campaign ambassadors, campaign committee members, board members and campaign staff.
- Plan, manage and execute campaign cultivation and stewardship events in collaboration with Events & Systems Coordinator planning.
- Participate in the development and implementation of campaign public relations plans.
- Track and assess external communications and public relations efforts.
- Work with staff to tell effectively Compass’ story through various communications and media.
- Create powerful written internal and external communications products including website, print publications, newsletters, online communications, media and public relations.
- Work with Corporate Relations & Communications Manager to develop and execute press events.
- Work closely with the agency’s Corporate Relations & Communications Manager to develop and manage the agency’s online and social media voice.
- Train Board, Leadership Council and external facing staff on key messaging.
- Present to a variety of audiences to elicit support, create partnerships, and promote Compass Family Services’ brand awareness.
- Resolve public relations issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of experience with capital campaigns and donor development preferred or an equivalent number of years in high-level administrative position
- Experience and comfort working with volunteer board and external facing campaign committee or other oversight bodies
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible, patient, and adept at multi-tasking
- Event planning experience
- Excellent communicator with customer-service facing skills
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid major medical, dental and vision coverage, long-term disability insurance, an employer-contributed retirement plan, and generous paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
Minimum Education Required