Position Summary: The Family Care Coordinator assists families with linkage to services, training, and support needed to promote family strengths and protective factors to build nurturing environments where children, youth, and their families thrive and succeed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers and analysis screenings and assessments to determine program eligibility and family needs.
- Develops along with family a comprehensive family plan to establish family goals
- Monitors, Tracks, and updates Family plan to document progress towards goals.
- Expedites linkage to additional wraparound resources, as needed.
- Conducts home, school, and community visits to assess and connect with family and assist with community resources' linkage.
- Facilities team collaboration with community partners to integrate youth and family services in conjunction with their family plan.
- Develops and maintains client files, paper and electronic
- Advocates on behalf of the family to assist with linkage to care and goal attainment.
- Produces written and/or oral reports
- Facilitates activities to promote and strengthen family protective factors and health literacy
- Participates in required training and team meetings and case staffing
- Promotes program services at community events and meetings
- Performs additional job duties as needed.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be self-directed and able to work as a member of a team to meet goals and timelines
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion,
- Experience working with Hispanic families in a community environment preferred
- Fluent in English, verbal, written, and conversational Spanish to meet monolingual clients needs
- Able to analyze family needs and engage the family
- Co-designing solutions and prioritize action steps for results
- Access to reliable transportation
- Able to lift 35 lbs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Public Health, or related field required with a minimum of 1 year of related experience
TRAINING / CERTIFICATIONS (Helpful):
- DCF Reporting of Child Abuse,
- HIPPA Compliance
- FERBA Compliance
- Case Management Certification,
- ACES Training
- Strengthening Families / Protective Factors
- Database Training (SAMIS, ETO)
- Teleservices & Teleservice tools (i.e., Microsoft365, MS Office, Zoom)
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Florida Background Criminal Screening and National FBI Background Criminal Screening (Level 2)
EEO Category: Professional