43-31 39th Street
Helps impaired elderly people to maintain independent life safely in the community
by linking them to the community resources/home services and assisting/advocating to
obtain benefits and entitlements. Works with clients and their families to formulate
appropriate care plans maintaining contact by phone and conducting home visits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Case Manager may also perform other duties as assigned
- Screens all requests for services, determining clients’ eligibility, and, providing information and referral.
- Conducts home assessments to determine: living conditions; functional limitations; need for home care, medical care, socialization, counseling; financial status as relates to eligibility for entitlements/benefits; plan of care/agreement for home services.
- Maintains contact with clients, caregivers, and families, staying abreast of any changes in clients’ status or need for further immediate intervention.
- Advocates for clients regarding benefits/entitlements/medical care.
- Refers clients to emergency community services such as mental health (Mobile Crisis) and/or Adult Protective Services when necessary.
- Develops and maintains contact with community/government agencies.
- Maintains statistics, including written records of contacts with clients.
- Participates in educational trainings and conferences.
- Conducts intakes by phone or in person on a weekly basis.
- Maintains client and agency confidentiality
Bending, sitting, stooping and standing, walking up and down stairs.
Office setting. Field visits with potential exposure to client illnesses.
1-MSW/BSW and two years supervised experience in Human Services Field.
2-Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer literacy.
3-Solid organizational skills.
4-Good interpersonal skills with ability to establish rapport with staff, clients,
and other community/government agencies.
5-Driver with a car is a requirement
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Melissa Vitale or mail to 43-31 39th Street, Sunnyside, NY 11104. Indicate “Case Manager”– Your Name” in the subject line. EOE