Development Associate for Volunteer Programs and Database Management
- Job posted by Union Settlement Association
Union Settlement seeks a Development Associate who will have two primary functions. He/she will support and oversee recruitment and scheduling of volunteers as well as serve as the primary administrator for the donor database, Salesforce.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Serves as primary administrator for Salesforce.
- Enters all donations and gifts.
- Generates development reports.
- Performs basic administration and configuration, creating custom objects and workflows when required.
- Ensures accuracy of data and troubleshoots problems as necessary
- Migrates data into system.
- Interacts with Finance Department and reconciles reports each month.
- Drafts and edits thank you letters to donors and ensures that donors are thanked quickly and in a meaningful manner.
- Assists with special data clean-up projects, reporting, and analytics as needed.
- Assists with mailings as needed.
- Other related duties as required.
· Recruit, orient, and manage volunteers, and report on their contributions to the agency.
· Manage and expand relationships with corporate partners by creating volunteer events and activities.
· Manage garden as a venue for volunteer activities and also to highlight the work of the agency.
· Track volunteers using the database as well as file and enter data to ensure accuracy in volunteer numbers and reporting of volunteer engagement.
· Manage the Associate Board and review new member applications, draft meeting agendas, support Associate Board events and track members’ annual fundraising.
· Lead Union Settlement’s charity team for the TCS New York City Marathon.
· Design and produce online materials related to volunteers, the Associate Board and charity marathon team.
· 1+ year of Salesforce administration required.
· Bachelor’s Degree and two years of demonstrated experience in a related position;
· Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Word and Excel experience essential; web or graphic design experience (Adobe suite, video editing) helpful.
· Experience with volunteer management preferred.
· Excellent organizational ability and interpersonal skills.
· A dedicated work ethic, diligence, and readiness to be a hands-on team member with a keen eye for detail.
· Overall flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet many deadlines.
· Familiarity with social service programs.
· A strong desire to help improve the lives of the residents of the East Harlem community.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, and Salary Requirements to: email@example.com
Please indicate Development Associate for Volunteer Programs and Database Management in subject of e-mail.
Submissions without salary requirements will not be considered.