901 4th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
SR. EVENTS ADMINISTRATOR
The District of Columbia Bar has an opening for a Senior Events Administrator (SEA) in the Communities Office in the Programs Division. The SEA provides support to the Communities Events Team with pre- and post-event logistics for various Community events. The SEA also provides assistance with coordinating large community outreach projects. The SEA reports to the Manager, Communities Events (MCE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Staffs Communities programs and responds to member/volunteer requests while on-site.
- Handles program logistics by scheduling rooms, maintaining the events calendar, updating and maintaining the Program Recaps in the Access Database, conducting research, corresponding with all program speakers and planners on a day to day basis regarding participation, materials, releases, liaising with other departments and organizations about events, and other related tasks.
- Answers telephone inquiries and replies to emails about the Communities Office services.
- Responds to high volume of emails requiring attention to detail, responsiveness and great communications skills.
- Prepares program handout materials for distribution at Community events.
- Works with the Communities to conduct community outreach activities, including major events such as the Youth Law Fair and the Banneker High School Science Fair.
- Provides back-up to the Sr. Marketing and Events Assistant, to include: preparing and sending Communities broadcast email announcements, and monitoring and responding to events service requests.
- Must have the ability to self-manage work load and handle competing priorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience equal to four or more years. BA/BS preferred.
- Two or more years administrative experience with direct association, event planning, or coordination related work.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines on a consistent basis. Ability to work with urgent deadlines, flexible priorities and manage multiple high-priority assignments. Ability to proactively prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously within time constraints.
- Database experience including MS Access and familiarity with NetForum preferred.
- Must work well in a team environment and be able to interact with Bar members, volunteers, vendors, the public and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
This is a non-exempt position. The D.C. Bar has an excellent benefits package.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time based on the Bar’s needs.
The D.C. Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested individuals must submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=dcbarpl6#
The District of Columbia Bar has an excellent benefits package.
Minimum Education Required