4121 Harewood Road Northeast
District of Columbia
We are looking for a skilled, resourceful and passionate Executive Assistant to join our dynamic, fast-paced team supporting survivors of torture living in DC, Maryland and Virginia. This role will support the Executive Director and TASSC’s four programs, with administrative and logistical support. This position is vital to TASSC’s operations, and plays a critical role in allowing TASSC clinicians to provide much-needed services to a deserving community.
We are looking for someone who is highly organized with tremendous attention to detail. Excellent communication and people skills will be necessary for this role, as you will be communicating across every level of the organization, from board members to interns, and from survivors to congressional staffers on the Hill.
- Greet visitors and help to foster a homelike environment at the TASSC office;
- Manage event logistics for TASSC’s annual June Survivors Week, Open House and other events as needed;
- Provide onsite IT troubleshooting support to TASSC staff and redirect to offsite support as needed;
- On-board and orient new staff members;
- Improve and develop office protocols, procedures and record management systems;
- Take inventory of office supplies and food for TASSC’s Lunch program, and order as needed;
- Maintain and update HR files;
- Collect time-cards, submit payroll and track staff PTO;
- Receive and process bills and invoices for payment;
- Enter donations in on-line database and follow up with thank you notes;
- Answer TASSC’s Info account and respond or redirect inquiries;
- Attend grant meetings, facilitate grant review process, provide or generate grant attachments, and assist with reporting;
- Track the disbursement of grant funding;
- Attend and participate in meetings as required, including regular weekly staff meetings, grant meetings, event planning meetings, and other meetings necessary to carry out the mission of the organization;
- Develop documents, procedural manuals and other materials;
- Perform other duties including, but not limited to: data gathering, monthly reporting, proposal writing, developing outreach materials, and other work as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Undergraduate degree in HR, Nonprofit Management, Finance, or a related area, from an accredited university;
- A minimum of two years experience working in a collaborative nonprofit working environment;
- Experience with grant tracking, monitoring and reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to develop tools to track fund disbursement and programmatic outcomes;
- Experience with nonprofit accounting (QuickBooks preferred), budgeting, and the coding of expenditures;
- Experience with donor databases, cultivation and stewardship;
- Experience managing a Mail Chimp listserv and Square Space website;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Flexibility and willingness to work in situations of flux;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience working with immigrant populations;
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of administrative management;
- Familiarity with methods of research and analysis;
- Experience planning and executing small and large events;
- Ability to manage competing priorities and adhere to strict deadlines;
- Multicultural sensitivity and ability to provide culturally responsive services to a diverse immigrant population;
- Demonstrated commitment to TASSC’s mission.
TASSC has a generous paid time off package and pays 80% of employer health insurance and dental insurance. We work on a 37.5 hour work week, and leave at 2:30pm on Fridays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter and a minimum of two professional references to email@example.com with the email subject “Executive Assistant - YOUR NAME.”
TASSC will only reach out to candidates who have the necessary experience and qualifications for this position. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected group.