Position Location: flexible
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action (CPD/CPDA) is seeking a full-time Campaign Director for Immigrant Justice.
About CPD + CPDA
The Center for Popular Democracy promotes equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We currently work with 50 partner organizations in 38 states and Puerto Rico and build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. CPD is a rapidly-expanding, dynamic organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position
CPD/CPDA is seeking a Campaign Director for Immigrant Justice who will work closely with local community organizations to envision and win city and state policy victories that advance immigrant justice, and to replicate strategies to protect immigrant communities from current anti-immigrant attacks. This person will work closely with the Director of Immigrant Justice and Leadership and the Senior Staff Attorney for Immigrant Rights, as well CPD’s communications and campaign staff, to coordinate national support for state-based community organizations leading these fights on the ground. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to help strengthen the immigrant rights movement and support grassroots organizations at the forefront of this fight.
The Campaign Director for Immigrant Justice will:
- Build deep, close relationships with core CPD affiliates who are focused on – or interested in building – immigrant justice campaign work;
- Provide strategic, and on-the-ground, campaign and organizing support to CPD affiliates working to advance municipal or state-level immigrant rights campaigns;
- Connect immigrant rights campaigns in cities and states across the country into an integrated national effort;
- Work effectively with CPD’s capacity teams to add firepower to CPD affiliates’ campaigns and to strengthen them as organizations;
- Serve as the primary campaigner for rapid-response immigrant defensive battles in cities and states where our partners are positioned to lead;
- Work closely with other CPD campaigns teams to integrate an immigrant rights lens across all issue campaigns and organizing efforts;
- Stay updated on the most cutting edge research and policies that advance immigrant justice reform.
- A demonstrated commitment to social, racial and economic justice
- A deep understanding of the challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low and moderate income families;
- At least three years’ experience leading campaigns, preferably on issues with an explicit immigrant rights and/or racial justice framing;
- Experience working with grassroots organizations and in diverse communities;
- Experience working across departments or teams within an organization;
- Success as an independent, self-motivated leader with an ability to drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills;
- Results-focused and organized;
- Willingness to travel regularly;
- Preferred but not necessary: bilingual (Spanish/English)
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter through our hiring portal: https://cpd.hiringthing.com/job/46579/campaign-director-for-immigrant-justice