44 Farnsworth Street
This position will support virtual training and communications of the EdTech Center housed within World Education’s U.S. Division. The candidate can expect to be involved in a broad range of projects that support the U.S. adult education system and some international edtech initiatives. This position is 32 hours/week in a fast-paced setting. This position has potential to grow into a full-time position with career growth.
- Support EdTech Center communications, including newsletter, social media, blog, and web presence.
- Host and support webinars.
- Create infographics, flyers and other promotional and educational materials.
- Lay out Tech Tips blogs.
- 21st Century Learning Ecosystem Study (8 days a year for 3 years)
- Support dissemination of models, resources, and findings.
- Create and maintain web pages.
- Host and support occasional webinars.
- Ensure courses are loaded and ready to run, provide quality control/proofreading.
- Register participants in online courses and follow up with them to support progress and completion.
- Provide tech support to course participants and facilitators.
- Support course facilitators.
- Prepare agreements and process payments for facilitators, and blog writers.
Technology Testing for Adult Learning and Employment
- Prepare and edit content for online digital tools repository.
- Take and edit photos and video clips in instructional, workplace, and other settings.
- Create infographics and other project promotion and design assets.
- Provide some data entry or other administrative support to field testing research.
Integrating Distance Education in Adult Learning (IDEAL) Consortium
- Manage logistics of annual IDEAL Institute including sponsorships
- Provide technical support to the Community of Practice (in Moodle)
- Develop resource collection
- Compile data
- Attend monthly U.S. Division meetings and other project/team meetings.
- Support proposal preparation with development of charts and simple graphics and coordination of tasks and partners.
- Assist with divisionwide communications.
- Experience managing communications systems, including social media, e-mail marketing, and websites.
- Experience designing web pages and infographics, and other similar communication tools required.
- Excellent computer and writing skills.
- Experience with WebEx or other webinar services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent attention to detail, reliable, and able to work independently.
- Good customer service skills.
- Interest in adult literacy and skill development.
- Experience creating and editing video preferred.
- Experience with online course platforms preferred.
- Experience with Articulate 360 preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 09/21/2018.