Multiple Subject Teacher- Bilingual Spanish: Paul Revere K-8 (Temporary, 2018-2019)
- Job posted by San Francisco Unified School District
Who We Are
The San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) is the seventh largest school district in California, serving more than 57,000 students who speak more than 44 documented languages across 132 schools in the city of San Francisco every year. We aim for every student who attends SFUSD schools to discover his or her spark, along with a strong sense of self and purpose. Our goal is that all students graduate from high school ready for college and career, equipped with the skills, capacities and dispositions outlined in SFUSD’s Graduate Profile. Every day in our quest to achieve this mission we provide each and every student the quality instruction and equitable support required to thrive in the 21st century.
What It Means to Work Here
When you join our team at SFUSD you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused organization that approaches public education as a social justice movement, requiring broad collaboration across an array of strategic partners. In 2014, SFUSD created an inspiring statement, Vision 2025, which captures our aspirations and vision for the future of public education in San Francisco. Alongside the District’s strategic plan, Transform Learning. Transform Lives. SFUSD is reimagining how public education will change over the next decade to meet the dynamic future of San Francisco. As a CORE district, SFUSD is also a leader in critical systems change for more comprehensive school accountability and innovations that help strengthen the instructional core, which is the foundation of our strategic plan and Vision 2025.
Who We Want
We want talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are inspired by our mission steeped in equity, and who are motivated to unleash our children’s potential. We want people who are strong collaborators, skilled communicators, and problem solvers comfortable in a community of continuous learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In accordance with the California Standards of the Teaching Profession, teachers work under the supervision of site or central office administrators and in collaboration with their school staff, families and community and are responsible for the fulfillment of the essential duties set forth below:
1. Support School-Wide Academic Performance Goals
2. Deliver Rigorous Instruction to all Students
3. Develop a Culturally Responsive Classroom Environment
4. Improve Standards of Practice for Self and Colleagues
5. Build Connections with Families and Community to Support Student Learning
6. Other duties as assigned by the principal and/or school site administrators
The length of the work year for all teachers is 184 days of service, except department heads and deans/head counselors have 189 days of service. Principal expectations vary by school site. You may access and read individual school profiles and academic plans at the following link: www.sfusd.edu/schools.
Multiple Subj Cred with English Learner Auth. OR Mult. Subj Cred. with Spanish BCLAD required. Temporary 5th grade classroom position. 10/09/18 to 12/21/2018.
SFUSD requires all teachers to hold or be pursuing a valid California teaching credential and an English Learner or Bilingual Authorization. We welcome applications from teachers who have not yet received their credentials, and our Credentials Team is happy to work with each teacher who's accepted a position in SFUSD to apply for permits that allow him/her to teach while pursuing a credential.
SFUSD is committed to attracting and retaining the best educators in the nation. Benefits of teaching in San Francisco include:
● Competitive salaries determined by experience, education level, and credentials
● Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance for teachers and their eligible dependents
● City and state programs for housing assistance:
● Teacher Next Door Program: http://sf-moh.org/index.aspx?page=287
● Extra Credit Home Purchase Program: http://www.treasurer.ca.gov/cdlac/applications/applications.asp?app=ecthpp
● Additional salary stipend of $5000 for National Board Certified teachers
● Additional salary stipend of $2000 for credentialed teachers teaching in high need schools and a $1000 stipend for teachers teaching high need subject areas
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email Clint Brody at firstname.lastname@example.org expressing interest. You will also need to complete the following steps:
● Go to: www.sfusd.edu/jobs
● Create an account and complete an application.
● Go to the “Apply to Jobs” tab to view and apply for specific openings. Job Requisition Number: 148395.
Please check back often to connect your application to specific openings as they are posted. Applicants will be contacted based on the needs of the district. For more information about careers at SFUSD, please visit www.sfusdjobs.org. For more information about SFUSD’s mission and Strategic Plan please visit www.sfusd.edu. For other questions, contact us at email@example.com.