Saint Peter’s University
In coordination with the Director of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director is responsible for planning and implementing all aspects of the University’s Annual Giving program. Specific duties include the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and the implementation of direct marketing strategies, including, but not limited to, direct mail, telemarketing, and e-marketing designed to increase philanthropic giving and the base of support for the University.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
● Assists in the planning and execution of strategies to achieve yearly fundraising and participation goals.
● In coordination with the Alumni Engagement team, develops fundraising and volunteer strategies for Graduates of the Last Decade and executes all fundraising efforts for this group.
● Oversees the University’s crowdfunding website, working with project owners in the planning and execution of their projects.
● Coordinates the planning and execution of all student fundraising efforts, including, but not limited to, the education of students regarding philanthropy, collateral development and the management of student gift ambassadors, with a primary focus on the Class Gift and Giving Days.
● Assists with the implementation of direct mail, e-marketing and telemarketing campaigns.
● Serves as a liaison to vendors retained in support of annual giving activities, such as crowdfunding, telemarketing, direct mail marketers, printers, mail houses, etc.
● Works closely with members of the Alumni Engagement, Leadership Gifts and Planned Giving teams as well as Advancement Services and University Communications.
● Manages a portfolio of between 100-125 prospects with an expectation of 4-8 visits per month.
● Tracks budget expenditures for annual giving operations.
● Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Annual Giving.
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Experience in development fundraising in a non-profit organization preferred.
Other Considerations: Superior verbal and written communications skills, knowledge of fundraising and database experience, preferably Raiser’s Edge. Must be highly computer proficient and should demonstrate the capacity to grow professionally and to make sound, independent business decisions, but also work within a team across the various divisions of Advancement and External Affairs. Some night or weekend work is expected.
Licenses (if necessary):
For full job description and to apply online: https://saintpeters.peopleadmin.com/postings/1140
Saint Peter's University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital or political status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, disability (including AIDS or HIV infection), pregnancy, liability for service in the United Stated armed forces, gender identity or expression, genetic information and/or any other classification protected by law.
Minimum Education Required