The Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance (KEEA) is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(6) corporation dedicated to promoting the energy efficiency and advanced energy industries in Pennsylvania. KEEA advocates on behalf of energy efficiency professionals on the local, state, and federal levels. By representing the interests of the advanced energy industry in Pennsylvania, KEEA is expanding the market for energy efficiency and helping residents and businesses in the Keystone State save energy and save money, while creating jobs in the rapidly growing energy efficiency industry.
KEEA works alongside its 501(c)(3) sister organization, the KEEA Energy Education Fund (KEEF), increases the energy efficiency of Pennsylvania’s buildings through advocacy, education, and training, and cultivates a conservation mindset in future generations through partnerships with K-12 schools.
KEEA & KEEF have an ambitious energy policy agenda to modernize utilities and energy markets in Pennsylvania. We have shown tremendous entrepreneurial growth over the last several years and now seek an additional team member to help us significantly expand our work in Western PA.
Thousands of businesses participate in the advanced energy sector, but when it comes to setting the Commonwealth’s energy agenda, their voices are drowned out by a small but vocal minority of entrenched interests that seek to hold energy policy back, rather than move it forward. KEEF’s ambitious project, Businesses Engaged in Energy Efficiency (B.E3) has begun to change that narrative, and to shine a spotlight on businesses across the Commonwealth that implement and benefit from innovative energy policies.
KEEF’s B.E3 project is a multi-year effort that identifies, organizes, and mobilizes energy efficiency advocates in the business community: these companies do the work and benefit financially from energy efficiency upgrades. Over the life of the project, KEEF will build a broad network of businesses committed to energy efficiency, and ultimately, a coalition of businesses that are willing to stand up against regressive energy policies, educate decision makers and the public, and become true advocates for an energy efficient future in the Commonwealth.
This position will be the first in the organization to be located in Western Pennsylvania; the Program Manager will operate out of the office of a Pittsburgh-based KEEA & KEEF partner, and collaborate remotely with the rest of the KEEA & KEEF staff in Philadelphia.
● With the Philadelphia-based Business Engagement Manager, develop quarterly plans for outreach with specific, measurable metrics for business engagement in Western Pennsylvania
● Identify potential energy efficiency champions in the Western PA business community and make connections through calls, emails, networking, attending events, etc.
● Establish and nurture meaningful long-term relationships in the local energy efficiency and clean energy advocacy community, and work in partnership to advance common goals, including participation in coalition work
● Organize facility tours, educational opportunities, and educational meetings between energy efficiency businesses, local elected officials, and other decision makers
● Highlight local success stories in the media via letters to the editor, op-eds, press releases, and press conferences
● Engage businesses directly in policy advocacy
● Author reports and factsheets with compelling case studies
● Create tools such as data maps with information gathered from outreach
● Work closely with KEEA’s current members and partners
● Grow KEEA’s membership and network
● Experience in organizing, policy work, and/or advocacy
● Proven track record of building and developing relationships from scratch with influential stakeholders
● Experience working with decision makers
● Demonstrated success in building, leading, and/or working in coalitions
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
● Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
● Experience working with the media
● Ability to set and hit realistic yet aggressive benchmarks
● Ability to work independently, with frequent travel
● Strong research skills
● Familiarity with CRM preferred
● Experience in and knowledge of the energy field preferred
KEEA is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion and hires on merit.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance, retirement, and vacation.
Minimum Education Required