Workforce Solutions Manager (Job Developer)
- Job posted by NMIC (Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation)
45 Wadsworth Avenue
Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation (NMIC) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization founded in 1979 that has grown into a leading multi-service agency with over 120 staff members serving New York City with a focus on upper Manhattan and the Bronx. Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for positive change in the lives of the people in our community on their paths to secure and prosperous futures. Integration is the cornerstone of NMIC’s programs, and our staff can identify and address a broad array of immediate needs through comprehensive crisis intervention services. With their crises resolved, clients move seamlessly to capacity building services through our holistic programs designed to transition individuals and families to self-sufficiency.
- Our Legal Services, Social Services, and Weatherization programs meet community members’ basic needs including housing, income, nutrition and health.
- Our Community Organizing program empowers groups of residents to collectively secure longer term and larger scale improvements to their own basic needs.
- Our Education & Career Services program imparts individual community members with the practical tools necessary to build secure and prosperous futures.
Job Title: Workforce Solutions Manager
Department: Education & Career Services
Reports To: Adult Workforce Program Manager
Location: Main Office: 45 Wadsworth Avenue, NY, NY 10033
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Workforce Solutions Manager delivers high quality career development solutions across multiple sectors while ensuring quality assurance throughout all aspects of the candidate and employer relationship. The Workforce Solutions Manager supports internship and employment goals for NMIC’s Education & Career Services Department by assisting clients coping with complex barriers to employment. The position requires significant use of business, sales, and customer relationship management, and is responsible for meeting quarterly deliverables.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pursue and develop a strong and sustainable book of internship and employer partnerships.
- Manage and cultivate partnerships for long-term growth as measured by criteria such as quality of internship, placement potential, on-site hiring event participation, recruit-to-hire ratio, wage level, retention, and career advancement.
- Provide motivational support, mentoring, and career planning to job seekers.
- Manage the referral/interview/placement cycle, which includes meeting with all candidates to review work history, core competencies, and skill sets, as well as providing information to candidates regarding potential employers, position responsibilities, performance expectations, etc.
- Track all candidate interviews, employer feedback and other key drivers (e.g., candidate drop-off points, disqualification reasons, and other factors that eliminate a candidate from the recruiting cycle) and provide further support when candidates demonstrate a need for additional work readiness training
- Follow up with employers to assist program staff in obtaining required outcomes documentation.
- Help support and deliver work readiness training curriculum as needed.
- Use specific program metrics to ensure candidate retention, wage gain, and career advancement.
- Learn and utilize program database and other related tracking and benchmarking tools.
- Attend and participate in required Education & Career Services Department meetings.
Additional related responsibilities may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., business, marketing, public relations, human resources or hospitality) or 5-7 years professional experience in staffing, human resources or workforce development.
- Background in career assessment planning, professional development, mentoring, work readiness coaching, sector-based skills training, candidate branding and/or competitive behavioral interviewing.
- A detailed understanding of the customer relationship management process and capacity to build meaningful partnerships.
- Well versed in brand positioning, research, prospecting, closing and negotiating techniques, including a solid understanding of metrics and benchmarking.
- Able to utilize an aggressive mix of traditional, online and social media lead generation strategies to recruit both candidates and employers.
- Outstanding presentation, public speaking and workshop facilitation skills with the capacity to engage audiences.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and operate in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment that drives continuous improvement.
- Excellent time management skills to maximize efficiency and problem solve under demanding conditions and constraints.
- Well versed in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and the ability to embrace technology.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
NMIC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
NMIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply for employment. Applicants must meet the minimum requirements in terms of qualifications. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered unless specifically stated otherwise.
NMIC offers a competitive salary based on experience and education as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance; paid time off including 20 vacation days, 15 sick days, 5 personal days, and 12 agency holidays; a 401k with agency contribution; and other benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit the following to Jason Rodriguez, Deputy Director, Education & Career Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line:
- Cover letter
- One writing sample
- Salary requirements
All attachments should be in Word or PDF form. No phone calls, please.