Details: Salary is commensurate with experience
900 E. Howell Street
Building B, 2nd floor office
OXFORD CIRCLE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
SUMMARY: Based in the Oxford Circle neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA, the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA) is seeking a Development Director. The mission of OCCCDA is “to extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community, believing that God’s purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social & economic levels.” A new position in the organization, the Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of OCCCDA’s fundraising including individual, foundation and corporate giving, major gifts program, planned giving and special events. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors. The position is up to 20 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Development Director will assist with all aspects of working with the OCCCDA supporters. Duties include:
- Develop and execute Oxford Circle CCDA’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of Giftworks and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Assist with the quarterly newsletter as needed.
- Work with Advancement/Development Team to think creatively about what stories should be told as part of our donor appeals.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Work closely with the Development Committee/Team, Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Oxford Circle CCDA.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- A commitment to the Oxford Circle community and to the holistic vision of the OCCCDA.
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Five-plus years experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising and grant writing.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
*Note: This is a broad description incorporating the types of duties and responsibilities performed. It is recognized that more specific tasks and duties not mentioned will also be performed.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent written and verbal English.
Minimum Education Required