2100 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
District of Columbia
We are searching for an executive assistant for Amitai Etzioni, a University Professor at The George Washington University. This person will be responsible for all aspects of administrative support and office management and will report directly to Professor Etzioni, whose work focuses on finding constructive solutions to domestic and international issues through morally informed policy analysis and moral dialogue.
The regular duties of the executive assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Performing outreach with regard to Professor Etzioni's publications and public events.
- Managing his calendar and planning his travel itineraries for work related events and conferences
- Planning and fully executing all public and private events hosted by Professor Etzioni (up to five or six per year). This involves researching and selecting venues; issuing speaker invitations; organizing speaker travel/honorariums; and issuing press releases, social media announcements, and other marketing devices to attract an appropriate audience. This also requires delegating tasks to support staff on the day of the event to ensure smooth set-up and clean-up operations
- Assisting with daily correspondence (written and electronic)
- Light research and fact-checking for publications on a wide range of topics.
- Spellchecking/editing of both academic articles and shorter editorial pieces as needed
- General office management (ordering office supplies, submitting IT or maintenance requests, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree plus prior work experience in an office environment
- Superb organization skills and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Quick and eager learner
- Willing to take initiative and problem solve
Tuition benefits may be available.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Melissa Paul, firstname.lastname@example.org