Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
3002 Fort Hamilton Parkway
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking an experienced High School Educator to join our team!
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to lead and grow Brooklyn Prospect Charter School’s already highly successful programs. Our flagship high school is the first non-selective public IB World School in New York City, and in the process of growth and expansion, as our two middle schools will become feeder schools to an expanded high school beginning in the 2019-2020 academic year. Each subsequent year the high school will continue to growth with a projected final student population of 600.
The high school principal (“Principal”) is the instructional leader of the Brooklyn Prospect Charter High School. Working under the direction of the Director of Academics, the Principal is responsible for implementing and building the cultural and instructional visions of the high school to meet the needs of an expanded student population with ambitious academic targets aligned to our Prospects ‘23 vision.
The Principal oversees the day-to-day activities of the educational program and is the first point of contact for teachers and parents. The Principal, in consultation with the Director of Academics, is responsible for the hiring, training and evaluation of high school faculty.
The Principal joins a stable core of professionals who collaborate on academic strategy for network.
Serving kindergarten through twelfth grade, Brooklyn Prospect pairs students with excellent teachers in a college preparatory environment using the International Baccalaureate program. We prepare students to become global citizens and help them to develop the love of learning that provides the foundation for lifelong personal and academic success.
Brooklyn Prospect is committed to:
- Teaching the skills and habits of mind necessary for success in the global community
- Recruiting, training and retaining excellent teachers
- Reflecting the diversity of Brooklyn’s neighborhoods
Prospects '23 Vision
Our Vision is that by 2023, 100% of our students will be on track to be IBDP-ready by the end of 10th grade and college-ready upon graduation.
As part of the Brooklyn Prospect Team, you will enjoy a full time position in a supportive and collaborative environment, medical, dental and vision benefits, plus a 401k plan with employer contribution. We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
Brooklyn Prospect, as a founding member of the Diverse Charter Schools Coalition, is a national leader in using school choice to integrate public schools and has been featured in DNAinfo, Education Nextand USA Today.
About the Position
- Leading the programmatic growth and expansion of the high school
- Overseeing, training and evaluating the high school teachers, teaching residents, and the high school administrative team
- Evaluate teaching across the high school to ensure highest quality teaching takes place every day
- Ensure unit and lesson plans are revised on a regular basis to be aligned with the school's mission and core values, and a college-ready bar
- Collaborate with school instructional leaders and educators to routinely assess and improve their instruction and culture
- Designing and implementing an effective and ongoing professional development program
- Spearhead reviews of the 9-12 curricula to ensure continuity in the academic sequence aligned to IB and College Readiness
- Lead and coordinate the college admissions and matriculation process
- Fostering a collaborative professional environment in which faculty members are treated with the highest levels of professional respect
- Building a school culture in which faculty are empowered in school wide decision making in the areas of their professional expertise
- Serving on cross-divisional school leadership team
- Serving as one of the primary contacts for parents and families of Brooklyn Prospect Charter School students
Operations and Accountability:
- Ensure a culture across the high school that is driven by collecting, reviewing, and responding to student achievement data
- Lead the high school toward best practices to ensure we meet and exceed accountability goals
- Provide regular academic achievement updates to the school leadership team and to the network
- Ensure timely reporting and compliance to SUNY Charter Schools Institute and State/City Department of Education
- Supervise the school operations team
- Must be closely aligned with Brooklyn Prospect’s mission
- Significant teaching experience in the high school level
- Previous administrative experience (high school level preferred)
- Must enjoy working with very talented and dedicated colleagues
- Collaborative spirit and skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- A minimum of a bachelor’s; master’s highly preferred
- Commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, health and dependant care spending accounts
- 401(k) with employer match
- As a full-time employee, the Principal would be eligible for preference in the admissions lottery
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Join our Team:
Applications are reviewed as they are received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only notify those who meet our selection criteria.
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.