RBA Membership Coordinator (part-time)
About the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA): The RBA is a business coalition committed to helping our members understand and improve the social and environmental challenges and opportunities in the global supply chain. Our vision is to help our members build an industry supply chain that consistently operates with social, environmental and economic responsibility. RBA accomplishes this through building and implementing programs and initiatives, including the Responsible Labor Initiative (RLI), Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI) and Responsible Factory Initiative (RFI).
We are currently seeking a part-time Membership Coordinator based in Alexandria, Virginia. The primary objective of this position is to help coordinate the new member onboarding process. Attention to detail and delivering exceptional customer service is vital. This role has interaction with members, member prospects and staff, and can be the first point of contact at the organization for prospective and new members.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple activities with competing priorities
- Attention to detail and ability to create processes that manage detail
- Able to establish and meet schedules and deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write/edit business correspondence
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and efficiently under deadline
- Articulate, personable and diplomatic membership management
- Prompt responses and follow through
- Able to work independently with a minimum of guidance and takes the initiative when tasks or a process needs to be done or created
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to requests for information concerning RBA membership and coordinate responses with relevant staff when needed
New member application and onboarding:
- Update, assemble and distribute new member and prospective member packets by email
- Ensure necessary materials and application fees are received from applicants and notify approved companies
- Track sending and receipt of new member materials, including application fee and dues, as well as dates and details of onboarding calls
- Organize and maintain electronic membership files on the shared network drive, with application, approval and other materials
- Assist members with their logins for member sites and resources such as SharePoint and others and maintain the list of logins for SharePoint. Deactivate users as necessary (when no longer with member companies).
- Help schedule, take notes during, and track new member onboarding calls
- Help with Learning Academy inquiries and uploading of association webinars to Academy
- Help administer RBA’s Factory Lead Certification Program (set up users, track payments, send certificates etc)
Annual member dues invoicing:
- Help support Finance in annual member invoicing and follow up as needed to ensure dues are received in a timely fashion
Contact maintenance/list generation:
- Help manage and maintain membership database and public contacts in iMIS ; input new members and process changes to member records; generate reports such as prime contact and full member lists regularly and when requested; track member application, approval and transition to full member dates
- Run reports in various programs
- Help track member compliance submissions and follow up with outstanding members
Other duties as assigned, which could include helping support annual conference and outreach activities (preparation of prospective member materials for such meetings).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; plus minimum three years related work experience in an association/office environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Membership and other database experience (iMIS preferred, training can be provided)
- Ability and desire to learn additional computer programs or web based applications
- Familiarity with Webex a plus
The RBA headquarter office is located in Alexandria, Virginia, just outside Washington, D.C., near the King Street Metro. This is a part-time, in office (not remote based) position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, salary expectations and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line. Please indicate where you learned about the position. Preliminary interviews will be video based using Webex. References will be required for final candidates.