3002 Fort Hamilton Pkwy
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking a part-time middle school After-School Assistant Director. Our after-school program will operate 3 hours per day/5 days a week and provides academic and enrichment programs for our middle school students.
As the After-school Program Coordinator you will assist in the overall administration of BPCS’s After-school Program including but not limited to: implementation of enrichment activities, advertising the program, theme based projects, scheduling of activities, record keeping and reporting, communicating with parents and school staff and organizing special events.
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
As part of the Brooklyn Prospect Team, you will enjoy a part-time position working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
As a part-time After-School Assistant Director, you will enjoy the following responsibilities:
- Research & plan trips and group activities in collaboration with Program Director and school staff.
- Assist with program set up, snack and clean up.
- Assist with designing and scheduling activities that incorporate all elements of the program, with an emphasis on BPCS’s mission in concert with DYCD’s program structure.
- Oversee the storage, use and inventory of all program supplies.
- Complete selected data entry tasks.
- Create promotional material and help implement outreach and retention strategies.
- Take initiative and provide suggestions for improving overall program.
- Promote the concepts of teamwork, fair play and sportsmanship inclusive of ultimate responsibility for the behavior of youth at the site and on trips.
- Conduct classroom visits to ensure quality of programming.
- Provide site-based support to teachers, tutors and activity specialists in implementing the program.
- Help facilitate seamless transitions to programming and snack that aligns with day school standards.
- Encourage and lead projects that foster academic, cultural and artistic growth.
- Provide coverage for activity specialists when needed
- Provide direction to assigned Activity Specialists, including: developing individual work schedules and providing training. May participate and provide input in the hiring process and performance evaluations.
- Perform additional duties and projects assigned at the discretion of the After-School Program Director.
The critical features of this job are described above but not all encompassing.
For more information about the IB program please visit:
Education and Training
- Minimum of two years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required.
- Possess imagination, a sense of humor, patience, conviction, sincerity, enthusiasm, initiative, self-control, and adaptability.
- Must have passion for BPCS’s mission and demonstrated interest in the field of education and youth development.
- Able to work occasional late afternoons and/or evenings. After School hours can span from 2:50pm-6:50pm.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to employment history and criminal background check.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision as applicable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google docs or comparable software.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, including: copy machine, phone system and mac OS.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, other staff members, program participants, parents and the general public.
Salary: Part time - based on experience
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.
Minimum Education Required