Details: Based on experience
557 McReynolds Rd
Connections is a research-backed community partnership program that is part of Bay Area Discovery Museum’s initiative to dramatically improve school readiness programs and services for under-served Bay Area communities. The Program Manager, Connections is primarily responsible for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the BADM’s Connections Program. This position promotes the Bay Area Discovery Museum and the use of its resources to community partner organizations that serve low-income, preschool children and families.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Associate Director, School & Community Partnerships.
Implementation of educational programming (60%)
- Develop and maintain trusting relationships with partner organizations and their surrounding communities and provide exceptional customer service in accordance with BADM standards.
- Act as a key contributor to the ongoing refinement of interdisciplinary, developmentally appropriate curricula that work to accomplish the learning outcomes articulated in the Connections Program logic model.
- Lead delivery of programming for Connections partner classrooms, including children, teachers, and parents/caregivers at both outreach and museum visits, in accordance with BADM educational philosophy and pedagogy.
- Facilitate teacher and parent meetings with partner schools and organizations.
- Train, supervise and evaluate the facilitation and associated tasks assigned to the Bilingual Program Coordinator, Connections.
- Provide training and guidance for Schools and Community Partnerships team members, and any museum staff and volunteers that support Connections programming and help with administrative tasks.
Administration, planning, and evaluation (40%)
- Oversee events calendar, including:
- Scheduling outreach to schools
- Scheduling museum visits
- Reserving, tracking, and submitting invoices for payment of group transportation
- Coordinating use of BADM classrooms and other program spaces
- Manage communication with Connections partners.
- Supervise the administrative work of the Bilingual Program Coordinator, Connections.
- Ensure goals and objectives for Connections are met, including:
- Administering and tracking on-going internal evaluations
- Recording and documenting progress of the program
- Primary person in charge of the database for Connections partners and resource tracking.
- Assist in planning and management of the Connections budget.
- Assist Development department with preparation of Connections related grants and funding by providing content and informing proposals.
- Collaborate with BADM directors to think strategically about potential Connections expansion and partnership shifts. Inform revision process in regards to positioning, goals, and language used to describe Connections internally and externally.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree or certification in early childhood education, child development, informal education or equivalent work experience in a related field required
- Demonstrated knowledge of child development and developmentally appropriate teaching practices required
- Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese or Mandarin strongly desired
- Ability to communicate clearly (in person, on the phone, and in writing) and work effectively with a variety of people from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated skill at balancing the prioritization and execution of routine daily detail-oriented tasks and long-term projects
- Ability to engage in sustained, high-energy interactions with large groups of young children, families and teachers, while being responsive to the changing needs of the group and maintaining high standards of customer service
- Ability to work as a collaborative and flexible team member in an active, fast-paced environment
- Experience in community engagement, parent advocacy, subsidized preschools or social work strongly desired
- Familiarity with Bay Area agencies and services for low-income families strongly desired
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and web-based survey/questionnaire services required
- Must possess current California driver’s license and have reliable access to a car; local travel required
The Bay Area Discovery Museum offers a high-energy, results-oriented, creative and fun environment where all staff members contribute to creating an innovative environment that helps us achieve our mission. BADM provides 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance to all full-time employees, as well as generous paid time off starting at 4 weeks per year. In addition, we offer the knowledge that your skills impact over 300,000 museum visitors each year onsite and many more in the community through BADM’s Center for Childhood Creativity.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese or Mandarin strongly desired
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=BADM
Applicants should be prepared to provide both a resume and cover letter. Please attach your cover letter in step 2 of the online application process when prompted to attach other documents.
NOTE TO CANDIDATE
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position.