Details: commensurate with experience
108 East 89th Street
The Dalton School, a progressive independent K-12 coeducational school in Manhattan, seeks an additional member of the business office team.
The primary responsibilities for the position include overseeing accounts payable, recording journal entries and maintaining the general ledger, distributing budget reports and assisting in the audit activities. He/she has supervisory responsibility of accounts payable and will report to the Controller. The Accounting Manager will work closely with other business office personnel to support the general business office functions of the school.
· Oversee the accounts payable function from vendor setup to cash disbursement
· Review all accounts payable entries prepared by the Operations Analyst in order to ensure receipts/invoices are attached, proper approvals are made, and expenses are allocated correctly within the general ledger
· Manage the corporate credit card program for the school that includes supervision of the entry of transactions into the general ledger and assisting cardholders as needed
· Assist with maintenance of the general ledger and support the monthly close process
· Prepare monthly bank and credit card reconciliations to the general ledger
· Record the appropriate journal entries related for expenses accruals, amortization, prepaid accounts, and payroll
· Support the annual audit by preparing supporting work papers and schedules and providing copies of support requested by the audit team
· Attend Finance and Audit Committee meetings as requested
· Distribute monthly budget to actual reports and corresponding transaction detail reports
· Answer budget owners with their inquiries and make expense adjustments as needed
· Assist in annual budget planning meetings
· Attend budget monitoring meetings with divisional/department budget owners
· Bachelor’s Degree. Degree in Accounting a plus.
· 3-4+ years of prior work experience in similar role on a Finance team
· Technical proficiency of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations; Experience with non-profit accounting a plus
· Proficiency and fluency with Financial Edge / NXT a plus
· Proficiency in utilizing Excel and basic computer functions
· Superior attention to detail, with the ability to follow through with task objectives
· Exercise time management and organizational skills in order to meet deadlines
· Effective verbal and written communication with all stakeholders
· Make decisions, resolve problems and identify opportunities for process improvement
· Willingness to assist with projects outside areas of primary responsibility and learn functions performed by other staff
To apply, interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via the online employment portal at https://www.dalton.org/employment.
The Dalton School actively seeks to forward the equity and diversity of our community in our admissions, programs and hiring. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age, physical disability, or sexual orientation in administration of our educational policies, hiring policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletics and other school-administered programs.
Minimum Education Required