Angell Foundation is a private foundation that funds access to transformative opportunities across three focus areas: Food Equity, Education As Opportunity, and Transformational Leadership. Through these areas, we aim to promote food systems that provide equitable and reliable access to quality food, increase access to post-secondary credentials and meaningful careers and support programs that develop leaders who are resilient, compassionate, and inspired to do their part to change the world.
We are looking for an Administrative Coordinator to serve as an integral member of our small team by providing essential back-office support and assisting the Program staff in all grant and program related activities. Members of our team are often in the field, therefore, we are seeking a dependable, self-starter that can staff and maintain the office and complete projects with minimal supervision. This position is full-time, comes with excellent benefits and should be approached with the expectation of a minimum 2-year engagement with the Foundation.
1. Manage all aspects of FLUXX online grants management platform including generating grant documents and ad hoc reports.
2. Answer telephone, route calls and interact with the public, grantseekers and grantees.
3. Organize and coordinate meetings and events for Executive Director, staff and Board.
4. Support Program staff with grant processes, including development of Board docket materials and correspondence.
5. Perform administrative and clerical functions, maintaining all files and routing correspondence.
6. Light bookkeeping such as reconciling petty cash, tracking project expenses and preparing invoices, check requests and expense reports.
7. Update the Foundation’s website and social media accounts.
8. Manage use and upkeep of Foundation office, office equipment and supplies.
9. Serve as liaison to financial department during annual audit.
10. Prepare meeting materials and record minutes.
11. Manage special projects and complete other duties as assigned.
Desired Attributes and Qualifications:
1. A Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years paid professional experience, preferably at a Foundation.
2. Strong technological expertise and demonstrated computer skills (Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc). Ability to ensure efficient and effective office functions. Experience with website maintenance (WordPress), social media and online grants management platforms (FLUXX) is a plus.
3. Positive disposition, commitment and willingness to work in an environment that values mutual respect, self-reflection, shared learning and accountability. Must be flexible, have a sense of humor and the ability to maintain confidentiality and accept constructive feedback.
4. Highly detailed oriented with strong written and oral communication skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all materials via email ONLY to email@example.com by November 9, 2018. Please include Administrative Coordinator Application in the subject line.
1. A one-page cover letter detailing your career goals and why you are interested in working for Angell Foundation. In the letter, please specify what attributes, skills and knowledge you would bring to this position.
2. A detailed resume and a sample professional email that illustrates your ability to clearly explain, describe or outline an issue.
Applicants that do not include all these materials will not be considered. More information about Angell Foundation can be found by visiting www.angellfoundation.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.