The Sarah Lawrence College Mailroom and Print Coordinator is responsible for the accurate and timely handling of all campus-wide mail, incoming and outgoing, as well as print service functions. We are looking for someone with mailroom experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong commitment to customer service. The ideal candidate is hard-working, detail-oriented and comfortable with mailroom and copier technology.
Work schedule is a minimum of 35 hours per week though may include occasional evenings and weekends during certain periods of the year when demand is heavier.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Responsible for receiving, sorting and processing campus mail, both incoming and outgoing, using mailroom inventory system.
· Operate mailroom equipment and have a working knowledge of US Postal Service rules and regulations.
· Retrieve and drop off mail from local USPS Post Office
· Open, close and staff the campus mailroom.
· Process and record daily postage and copying services including allocating costs to appropriate departments.
· Timely and efficient campus-wide distribution of mail to offices.
· Interact and communicate with students, faculty and staff in a professional and courteous manner.
· Assign and maintain faculty and student mailboxes.
· Primary contact for vendors, maintaining strong working relationships.
· Ensure mailroom equipment is in working order.
· Ensure office is adequately stocked with mail and print supplies.
· Process invoices in a timely manner.
· Provide maintenance of campus-wide fleet of photocopy machines to include replacement of toners, routine upkeep, and scheduling service calls.
· Evaluate monthly campus use of photocopy machines.
· Process printing, copying, binding requests in a timely manner.
· Identify and develop opportunities for improved operations, procedures and customer service.
· Supervise, schedule and train student employees.
Skills and abilities
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Able to work independently.
· Flexible and able to adapt to changes including technology.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum 2 years previous mailroom and print production experience, preferably in a campus or corporate setting.
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Knowledge of US Postal Service rules and regulations.
· Experience with mailroom tracking software preferred.
· Valid driver’s license.
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Sarah Lawrence College Mailroom and Print Coordinator is responsible for the accurate and timely handling of all campus-wide mail, incoming and outgoing, as well as print service functions. We are looking for someone with mailroom…