31 Milk Street
Background: ICMC is an international Catholic organization with a mission to serve and protect uprooted people including refugees, internally displaced persons and migrants, regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. ICMC responds to the challenges of people on the move and their communities, implementing and advocating for rights-based policies and durable solutions through our worldwide membership of Catholic Bishops Conferences, and alongside government and non-governmental partners. While the ICMC headquarters is located in Geneva, Switzerland, ICMC has a liaison office in Washington, DC and a development/fund-raising office in Boston, Massachusetts, in addition to the many field and liaison offices in over 40 countries around the world.
ICMC’s Boston office is seeking a Development Associate to contribute to ICMC’s overall fundraising strategy in the United States. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is able to work in a small office in support of a growing team.
The Development Assistant will report to the ICMC Development Officer and perform the following duties:
Queries & Database Administration:
1. Manage the main fundraising database-DonorPerfect (DP)
2. Prepare lists and reports for ICMC’s direct mail program
3. Clean and imports daily gift records from outside vendor into DP
4. Create and set codes for mailings in DP, (mail counts, dates, and expenses)
5. Input weekly donations received in-house
6. Remove duplicate constituents and merges donor records
7. Manage pledges, credit card numbers, on-line gifts
8. Prepare result reports for mailings
9. Prepare and mail pledge reminder letters
10. Run and develop new queries as requested, working with the requestor to ensure understanding of desired output e.g. mailing lists, analysis of fundraising results and profile of the data base
11. Contribute to the creation of a procedures manual
1. Receive and opens mail
2. Manage the processing of in-house donations which includes daily photo- copying of checks, logging information into DP or excel, preparing deposit slips, depositing checks at the bank
3. Send acknowledgements for in-house donations using mail merge and creating labels
4. Inform Development Officer of significant gifts
5. Ensure on-line gifts, gifts called in and Monthly gifts are acknowledged properly
6. Ensure all acknowledgements are marked in DP
1. Assist with answering phone
2. Participate in welcoming visitors to office
3. Assist with various administrative tasks
4. Assist in the supervision and coordination of volunteers who assist with stuff and mail receipts and letters
Finance and administration:
1. Assist with bulk mailings
2. Other administrative duties, including accounts payable, copier, printing and purchasing stamps, etc.
Desired skills, competencies and experience:
· 3-5 years of professional experience in the work environment of a fundraising organization, including practices related to donor cultivation/solicitation in fund-raising/ development work;
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education;
· Extremely computer literate-Microsoft Office (outlook, excel, word (letter merges);
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
· Excellent problem-solving, documentation and communication skills
· Experience in working with donations, gifts processing or accounts receivable;
· Experience in working with fund-raising databases, preferably DonorPerfect or similar programs
· Knows how to take direction, work within a team, and is a fast learner;
· Understands, appreciates, and identifies with the ICMC mission;
· Basic understanding of and respect for Catholic values and principles underlying ICMC’s humanitarian and advocacy activities;
· Interest in working with a dynamic faith-based international organization;
· Interest in international development, and responses to refugees, migrants.
ICMC Inc. office is located centrally to Downtown Boston. General hours of operation are 9:00AM to 5:30PM. This involves mainly in-house office work, but there may be occasional opportunities to attend outside and/or online trainings if/when necessary and approved.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to the attention of Msgr. Robert J. Vitillo, President, ICMC Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org, please no phone calls. Short-listing and an initial round of interviews is expected to take place the week of 15 October 2018.