Details: Competitive salary with benefits.
The Charles F. Kettering Foundation seeks a self-starting, detail-oriented full-time Office Manager for the Foundation’s small DC office. The Kettering Foundation is a Dayton, Ohio-based nonpartisan, non-profit research organization that studies how democracy works in communities.
The successful candidate will be professional in appearance and attitude, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. They will be able to produce professional looking and worded documents such as memos, emails, letters, reports, and participant lists. They will have a strong attention to detail and be meticulous with accuracy and written grammar. They will also be resourceful and personable, able to work independently, and handle long periods alone in the office. The successful candidate must be excellent with Apple computers, advanced at using the Microsoft Office suite including Excel, able to work with WordPress and other online content management systems, and fluent with current online collaboration tools.
Duties will include:
· Administrative tasks, including: correspondence and calendaring; receiving, sorting, and sending mail and packages; maintaining a clean and organized office suite (including kitchen); inventorying and restocking supplies; cross-checking, copying, and sending bills to the Foundation accounting department in the Dayton office; working with building management, for building maintenance, conference room booking, and large copy orders; among other duties
· Supporting two executives who travel frequently, in all aspects of day-to-day work including: handling calendars, arranging travel, drafting and editing correspondence, placing calls, research, and interactions with other administrative staff
· Playing a lead role in tasks related to major Foundation events, including: participant lists; handling venue logistics; ensuring availability of materials; creating nametags and table tents; and other event-support duties
· Summarizing occasional articles and memos
· Research on various organizations including staff, structure, mission, and major programs
· Working with the Foundation’s central Filemaker Pro database of vendor contracts
· Communicating regularly with Dayton administrative support staff as part of the Foundation administrative team, including participating in regular administrative staff meetings
· Day-to-day operations and reporting on assigned projects with little or no daily supervision
· Maintaining a library of publications
· Preparing and maintaining databases and spreadsheets related to the Foundation’s work
· Collaborating with administrative and other staff at the Foundation’s main office
· Contacting and interacting with offices of elected officials and others in the policy community
· Supporting visiting Foundation staff
Occasional travel to the Foundation’s main office in Dayton, Ohio (among other destinations) may be required.
3-5 years of experience, with BA/BS required. Candidate must work full-time. Competitive salary with benefits. Near Metro. Please email resume and cover letter, including salary considerations, to Phillip Lurie at email@example.com.
For more information on Kettering Foundation, see www.kettering.org.
Minimum Education Required