The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agency’s day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provide business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a Project Manager to manage the full project life cycle of a Cerner Laboratory Information Management system (LIMS) implementation. The Project Manager will work with a vendor team and internal DOHMH staff to implement LIMS, work with selected vendor on detailed requirements for design, setup and implementation of a secure and highly configurable LIMS module and lay the groundwork for the entire LIMS system. The position requires implementation of a quality assurance and control plan and ensuring that all quality, technical, security and regulatory standards are being met. The Project manager will be responsible for ensuring unit, integration, and quality assurance testing is performed for the entire project life cycle of a LIMS. Project management responsibilities include design, setup, implementation and integration with all current relevant Public Health Laboratory instruments and other Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.
· Provide expert project management in Cerner Laboratory Information Management System
· Execution of project from start to finish
· Coordinate and develop working relationships with DOHMH and Cerner staff in support of DOHMH’s Public Health Laboratory
· Provide vendor management from start to completion of project
· Oversee the Business Analysis process
· Gather requirements for changes to existing systems and building new systems
· Develop rollout plan and oversee deployment into production, including developing a support plan
· Meet with key stakeholder to understand current operations
· Provide guidance on best solution to streamline or re-engineer their current operation
· Conduct JAD sessions or workshops with business users to elicit information regarding their requirements
· Develop functional requirement documents
· Maintain and update the project schedule on a regular basis
· Update DOHMH's project management tool with status and budget information
· Triage issues and manage support for IT applications
· Conduct status meetings
· Assure proper articulation and reporting of project status to stakeholders and executive management
7+ years of experience in a role as IT project manager leading complex, enterprise-wide technical and/or business initiatives
7+ years of experience with managing SDLC Waterfall and/or Agile methodology projects
7+ years of experience in creating project management artifacts (project charter, project plan, timelines (MS Project or other project management software), requirements documents, project and resource planning, deployment plans, support plans, conversion plans
4+ years in gathering requirements, business analysis, use cases and creating functional requirements documents
3+ years of experience managing web-based applications especially .net and java web-based solutions using SQL Server 2008 and above
3 + years in vendor management
Experience working with City of New York agencies is a plus but not mandatory
PMP certification preferred but not mandatory
Public health experience is a plus, but not mandatory
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…