Full Time Contract
HFH Summer camps operates two free sleep away camps in Harriman State Park for children residing in NYC homeless shelters. HFH Summer Camps seeks part-time Camp Recruiters to recruit children from various homeless shelters throughout the five boroughs to attend our summer camp. Recruiters will work 20-28 hours per week into the summer and will get hourly compensation and transportation stipend.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and ambitious Recruiters with a strong work ethic. These are seasonal, entry-level roles.
· Recruit and enroll eligible children from assigned shelters. Working knowledge of the subway systems and ability to travel to all five boroughs.
· Respond in a timely manner and provide updates to parents and staff.
· Assist parents throughout the application process by maintaining communication with applicant families recording any changes that could affect camper’s participation.
· Ensure that eligible campers show up for sendoff to the corresponding camp session and are picked up at the end of their camp session.
· Interest in the NYC Homeless shelters system and in social services a plus.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, experience working in team environment.
· Organized, detail oriented, proficient in maintaining records, and able to meet deadlines.
· Strong written and oral communication skills. Bilingual a plus (Spanish, French, Creole).
· Ability to work during evenings and/or weekends as necessary.
· Working knowledge of the subway systems and ability to travel to all five boroughs.
Click link to apply: http://bit.ly/HFHCampsJobs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required