Doorways for Women and Families (Doorways) is an Arlington-based non-profit agency helping individuals and families create pathways out of homelessness, domestic violence and sexual assault leading to safe, stable and empowered lives. Doorways offers a positive work environment, a committed and passionate team, and competitive salaries and benefits.
Our Mission and Vision: We envision a community where all people live free of violence and have safe and stable housing. We see a future without homelessness - or domestic and sexual violence. And it’s why we create pathways out of these circumstances for our most vulnerable neighbors.
Our Values: At Doorways, we embrace Empathy, Integrity, Inclusivity, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Respect. These values are the foundation to our approach.
Our Approach: We are committed to helping people facing abuse and hardship find safety-and from there- supporting them in securing lasting stability. We believe that the most effective way to address complex issues such as interpersonal violence (domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault), family and youth homelessness, and poverty is to approach these through a lens of intersectionality and equity. There is no singular cause behind these issues, and therefore no singular solution. Our services are available to those impacted by any of these hardships to ensure people have the right help to move forward. We understand that the impact of trauma is far-reaching, so our services target multiple life areas for adults, youth and children. Our response to our clients is client and family-centered, trauma-informed, strength-based, and comprehensive.
The Staff Accountant has responsibility for the day-to-day accounting functions to include transaction processing, financial management and reporting, account reconciliation preparation, general ledger maintenance, support of grants management, budget development and payroll processing. This position is part time (32 hours/week) and reports to the Finance Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business required
- 2+ years of experience in accounting; preferably with a non-profit organization
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being willing to “roll up the sleeves” and get tasks done
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Must possess strong computer skills, including intermediate proficiency with Excel spreadsheets and remaining software applications in the Microsoft Suite
- Advanced knowledge and practical experience with Financial Edge accounting software desired
Compensation: $44,000 - $46,400 annually. Excellent benefits – health/dental/vision, life, LTD, 403 (b), etc.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume and cover letter at: https://doorways.bamboohr.com/jobs No phone calls please.
Doorways for Women and Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer. See www.DoorwaysVA.org
Doorways is a drug-free workplace.