ANNOUNCEMENT OF OPEN POSITION IN ARIZONA
POSITION: Electoral Organizer – Southern Arizona
REPORTS TO: Arizona State Organizing Director
LOCATION: Tucson, Arizona
POSITION AVAILABLE: Temporary Role, Available through AZ General Election, November 2018
Your role stands at the intersection of organizing and the fight to change the odds for low-income children and families. Stand for Children seeks a dynamic and hard-working Electoral Southern Arizona Organizer to empower and mobilize our grassroots stakeholders to take state action in support of students. The Southern Arizona Organizer will contribute to a national effort to take our organizing to the next level of scale and impact. The Southern Arizona Organizer will ensure we have a solid ongoing presence in targeted locations to impact state policy decisions and elections and, where strategic to our state work, local policy decisions and elections. This role will be supporting Stand for Children’s efforts on various ballot initiatives and legislative elections.
Stand is a non-profit education advocacy group that believes ALL children deserve an equal opportunity to succeed in life. Stand works to accomplish this mission through:
· Education and empowerment of parents, teachers and communities
· Advocacy at state, local and federal levels
· Ensuring that policies and funding reach classrooms and help students
· Election of courageous leaders who will stand for our priorities
We focus primarily on increasing early literacy and high school success. Additional priorities include, improving school quality and ensuring adequate funding spent wisely.
· Support Arizona’s campaign work through targeted field activities (e.g., phone banking, canvassing);
· Conduct comprehensive volunteer outreach to engage and mobilize;
· Provide volunteers with expertise and technical assistance to support advocacy work;
· Manage and serve as point of contact for phone bank and canvass volunteers;
· Work with the State Organizing Director to ensure training on effective resident contact and identification strategies and develop persuasive scripts for phone banking and canvassing;
· As appropriate, coordinate with community organizers to cultivate volunteers for ongoing campaign efforts;
- Represent Stand for Children as a part of various issue-based coalitions and working with coalition partners;
- Organizers will manage the day to day relationships of the individuals we partner with electorally to support candidates/ballot initiatives critical to the success of Stand Arizona.
· Passionate commitment to Stand for Children’s mission and strategy to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for and with access to a college education;
- 3-5 years of experience working on a state or district political campaign or in the electoral arena;
- Demonstrated knowledge of successful campaign strategies, tactical execution to achieve results;
- Solid political instincts and the ability to influence a diverse group of citizens toward action;
- Exceptional communicator, including developing and delivering persuasive and concise content to large audiences;
- Voter file experience preferred;
- Experience working with diverse populations that include all ethnic and socioeconomic groups;
- Project management skills and keen attention to detail;
- Capacity to build and maintain effective systems in a fast-paced, ever-shifting campaign environment;
- Strong drive for results; embraces innovation and takes positive risks to achieve measurable outcomes;
· Willingness to work flexible hours including 1-2 evenings per week and occasional weekends; full-time access to a car;
· Spanish language skills preferred;
- Ability to be in multiple locations in the course of a given day, the ability to transport items, and the ability to set up and take down meeting equipment (chairs, tables, projectors, screens, etc.); May require the ability to climb stairs.
Stand for Children consists of two separate entities. Stand for Children, Inc., a grassroots membership organization is exempt under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, and Stand for Children Leadership Center, a leadership development organization is exempt under section 501(c)(3)
Stand for Children and Stand for Children Leadership Center are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace in which our differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences and contribute to our collective strength. People of color, members of underrepresented ethnic or socioeconomic populations and bilingual/multi-lingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter at http://stand.org/careers. No calls please.
To learn more about Stand – Arizona, please visit www.stand.org/az.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required