1401 New York Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law (“Lawyers’ Committee”), one of the nation’s leading civil rights organizations based in Washington D.C., seeks an experienced Executive Assistant with strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment, who will work within the Office of the President to provide top-notch administrative support in a variety of areas.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for all administrative functions for the Office of the President, and will serve as a lead point of contact for the Board of Directors, foundation personnel, civil rights leaders, staff, and community members.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, exercise good judgment, and ensure complete follow through. S/he will have a positive attitude, attention to detail, and a customer service orientation. This position requires strong written and verbal communication and excellent administrative and organizational skills. The Executive Assistant must be able to work independently, to work under pressure when required, and to handle confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Maintaining organized files and materials
· Managing an active calendar of appointments
· Completing expense reports in a timely manner
· Preparing and sending correspondence
· Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
· Compiling documents for meetings
· Tracking incoming communications
· Maintain and Cultivate Relationships
· Providing excellent customer service in all interactions with both internal and external stakeholders
· Serving as liaison to Board members, donors, Foundation personnel, Lawyers’ Committee staff members and others
· Following up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
· Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with board members and others
Exercise Judgment and Professionalism
· Prioritizing and responding to incoming issues and concerns. Determining appropriate response or course of action
· Handling matters expeditiously, proactively, and to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
· Writing and Research
· Drafting acknowledgement letters, correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the organization
· Editing and completing first drafts of written communications to external stake holders and internal communication with staff
· Bachelor's degree required
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
· Exceptional organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
· Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Highly resourceful and flexible team-player, with the ability to be extremely effective independently
· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
· Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
No calls with be accepted. The position will remain open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Lawyers’ Committee is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. Diversity is an essential component of the Lawyers’ Committee, and we encourage women and minorities to apply. All qualified persons are accorded an equal opportunity for selection without regard to actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected under law.
Accessibility Assistance: If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application.
Salary and benefits are competitive for a nonprofit legal organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to https://podio.com/webforms/20453585/1399137.