The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors capable of giving gifts of $5,000 or more annually. The Major Gifts Officer will manage a portfolio of 125-150 donors and prospects and will raise more than $1.5 million in major gifts revenue annually, including planned gifts. Additionally, the Major Gifts Officer will assume responsibility for Foundation Relations.
This role requires an experienced and highly-motivated fundraising professional, a self-starter who is very comfortable and confident in engaging and calling on high net worth individuals and organizations. S/he will have a proven record of success in a fast-paced environment, successfully working independently and as a team member to create and implement major gifts and foundation fundraising strategies and reach agreed financial goals. An interest in music and its performance as well as art and the public mission of museums is preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree highly desirable.
· Minimum of five years of demonstrated success as a front-line fundraiser, including success in closing 6-figure gifts.
· Well-honed skills in developing and successfully implementing long-term donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
· Advanced writing skills required.
· Experience with fundraising databases, in particular Tessitura.
· Experience with planned giving preferred.
· Experience in an arts organization strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of and/or interest in music and the visual and performing arts preferred.
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors capable of giving gifts of $5,000 or more annually. The Major Gifts Officer will manage a portfolio of…