307 Waverley Oaks Road
Are you interested in helping seniors access benefits so they can successfully age-in-place? Come work for Springwell and provide education and assistance for seniors applying for MassHealth.
Work as part of an interdisciplinary team that provides in-home support for older adults, by helping seniors understand, complete and submit their applications for MassHealth. The Application Specialist makes home visits, assists with the application process and maintains computerized case records.
The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to work with older adults, excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and manage a busy caseload with a can-do attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, human services or related field required.
- Experience working with older adults is preferred.
- Familiarity with government benefits is preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with consumers, family members, co-workers and community professionals.
- A reliable car, current driver's license and safe driving record required.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 11 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450 hours)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- 4-day work week option for many positions
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are serious about our mission. For more than 40 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also serious about our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference - each, and every member of our staff.
We believe in:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don't claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
- Balance: Life is a give and take, as is work. We are always examining that balance. Today, we have yoga classes on-site twice a week. We are exploring offering a Weight Watchers meeting. And afternoon meditation is under consideration. If there is a holiday to celebrate we have a party. This year, we built a dedicated lactation room for new moms. We are committed to listening to our staff, and examining and re-balancing our work environment.
Keywords: Waltham, Newton, Brookline, Watertown, Belmont, Needham, Wellesley, Weston, Boston, Case Manager, Case Management, Housing, Mental Health, Managed Care, Social Services, Social Work, Care Coordinator, Social Worker, Elder, Geriatric Care, Assisted Living, Human Services, LSW, LCSW, Licensed, Medicare, Medicaid, Behavioral Health, Community Health, Long Term Care, Telecommuting, Remote, Telecommuter, Telecommute, Council on Aging, Program Coordinator, Case Worker
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website above. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.