District of Columbia
It’s On Us’ mission is to combat college sexual assault by engaging young men and changing campus culture. We achieve our mission by working on college campuses, teaching bystander intervention, and developing the next generation of movement leaders. To date, over 440,000 persons have taken the “It’s On Us” pledge to combat college sexual assault, and our 500+ student chapters have held over 4,000 educational and organizing events in all 50 states and Washington D.C..
Over the next five years It’s On Us intends to grow our Campus Organizing Program to 1,000 colleges and universities, and engage 1 million young men in our educational programming.
It’s On Us is housed at Civic Nation, a non-profit organization that uses organizing, engagement and public awareness to address some of our nation’s most pressing challenges. We work with public and private partners to build tools and campaigns that turn great ideas into action.
About the Position
It’s On Us has a specific focus on empowering college men to see prevention of campus sexual assault as a men’s issue. It’s On Us seeks a Creative & Digital Director who has strong experience engaging 18-24 year old men through high-quality creative content, and the distribution of this content through the social and media channels that young men engage with most.
Responsibilities for this position include leading the strategy of digital and creative projects via the Creative Alliance. The Creative Alliance is a network of media companies, digital platforms, creative agencies, production companies and other innovative entities that have pledged pro-bono capacity to helping Civic Nation initiatives.
This position will lead It’s On Us’ collaborations with content creators to give them the tools to make the content that will drive action, manage partnerships with large media platforms and creative agencies, and manage social engagement and advocacy efforts.
The position will report to the It’s On Us Director.
- Serve as the primary point person between the Creative Alliance team and It’s On Us.
- Manage partnerships with Creative Alliance members in execution of digital and creative projects that further It’s On Us’ mission and achieve KPIs.
- Plan, implement and manage creative and digital strategies.
- Project manage big moments - like the launch of a new viral video or announcement of creative partnership.
- Collaborate with It’s On Us’ Director of Education & Training and Director of Campus Organizing to ensure educational and organizing content is relevant to our primary audience.
- Develop the editorial calendar from planning to execution stages.
- Implement a social media strategy that emphasizes organic list growth.
- Coordinate the email program from strategic planning to developing content to segmentation/testing, etc.
- At least 4 years of experience developing creative content and digital strategies, with an emphasis on content that engages young men.
- Experience managing relationships with influencers, media platforms, and creative and/or PR agencies.
- Experience running high-profile social media accounts and a knack for turning followers into action takers.
- Strong project management experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills, attention to detail a must.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, and innovative work ethic.
- Belief that culture change is necessary to build movements and create long term change.
- Belief that robust creative content and digital organizing is an important part of supporting on the ground organizing efforts.
- Thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a start-up environment with start-up hours.
- Bonus points for experience with
- Running an email program and proficiency in CRM platforms such as Blue State Digital.
- Website content management and a familiarity with CMS platforms like Wordpress, experience project managing web development.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: It’s On Us Creative & Digital Director. The position is based either in New York or Washington, DC and will require 10% of time traveling (mostly to Los Angeles).
Civic Nation is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Civic Nation will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.