Position Overview: Managing Director will help to manage the development of Boston School Finder (www.bostonschoolfinder.org), focused on web applications, operations, and long-term viability and strategy.
Organization: Boston School Finder is Boston’s first free, comprehensive, and reliable online school guide for families on all 220+ public, charter, and private schools. Launched in 2017, Boston School Finder will enter its second year with ambitious goals to reach more families and achieve sustained impact. Boston School Finder is currently being incubated within Boston Schools Fund, a non-profit organization focused on ensuring that every child in Boston has access to a seat in a high-quality district, charter, or Catholic school.
The Position: Specific responsibilities anticipated for this role include:
- Select, support, and manage technology provider to design and maintain www.bostonschoolfinder.org
- Design, manage, and constantly improve annual research on Boston families’ school choice preferences and processes
- Manage and audit annual data collection from publicly available sources and schools via surveys
- Collect and analyze usage data to improve site and site performance
- Maintain database of contacts and users
- Help to develop and manage marketing strategy, including direct, print, mail, social, and earned media
- Develop and maintain marketing collateral and systems
Operations and Finance
- Support Executive Director and all Boston School Finder operations – HR, IT, finance, logistics, etc.
- Support Executive Director in developing and maintaining positive relationships with school leaders and funders
- Engage families, government agencies, and non-profit organizations directly in developing and marketing Boston School Finder
Skills and Qualifications: The right candidate for this role thrives on a small team and will pitch in on anything that needs to be done. Specific qualifications include:
- Track record of building collaborative relationships; excellent interpersonal skills; upbeat, positive, and professional attitude
- Demonstrated ability to use or rapidly learn Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, and various communication platforms (e.g., Mailchimp, Twitter)
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and access for all students
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high-quality work on time and on budget, with excellent organizational and time management skills; strong preference for a background with project management in technology
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills in order to understand, break down, and address complex problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to be self-directed and take initiative
- Preferred: Prior experience or working knowledge of PK-12 education, particularly in Boston.
Boston School Finder offers competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line “Managing Director.”