One Washington Mall
Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath) transforms lives by helping people move out of poverty and provides other organizations with the tools to do the same. As a leading nonprofit innovator that combines program delivery, independent research, and public advocacy, we offer a wide range of rewarding career opportunities. EMPath is committed to recruiting, hiring, and sustaining a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, sexuality, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an EEO/AA/ADA/ADEA employer based in Boston, Massachusetts.
POSITION TITLE: Conference Project Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: EMPath seeks an events specialist to plan and oversee its biennial conference, taking place on October 31 to November 2, 2018. Much of the initial planning has been completed, including securing a venue and speakers; the work that remains is centered around logistics, securing sponsorships, and audience development. This position is temporary, ending on November 16, 2018, and is a part-time position (20-hours/week), with the exception of the week of the conference (October 29-November 2), when 40 hours will be required.
SUPERVISOR: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB:
· Work with various teams across departments to manage all aspects of EMPath’s Disrupting Poverty conference.
· Handle all logistics for the 3-day conference, including:
o Communicating with venues to determine space, AV, catering, and other needs
o Managing all printing and collating of conference materials
o Managing the set-up and running of the registration table
o Attending the conference and handling all logistics during the three days of the conference.
· Work with the development team to secure corporate sponsorships for the conference, and manage logo placements and other sponsorship benefits.
· Work with marketing and communications team to develop and distribute marketing materials for audience development and ongoing communication with registrants.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must have impeccable organizational skills.
· Must have a can-do spirit and the ability to get things done in the face of complications.
· Must have fantastic verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to manage the work of many different teams.
· Must have a positive and friendly demeanor and great customer relations skills.
· Interest in EMPath’s mission, knowledge of the anti-poverty field, or previous experience with nonprofit or academic conferences a plus.
· Experience coordinating complex conferences of at least 300 attendees.
· Demonstrated experience working with many diverse teams to accomplish a shared goal.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Work is performed in an office environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply using the following link