Position Title: VOLUNTEER OUTREACH MANAGER
Primary Location: 533 Foundry Rd. Norristown, PA 19403
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
Department: Development Status: Full-time, hybrid work environment, Tuesday-Saturday
Position Summary: The Volunteer Outreach Manager is responsible for the overall strategic management, implementation, and growth of the volunteer program. This includes the recruitment, management, and scheduling of volunteers for home construction and rehabilitation work, neighborhood revitalization projects, ReStore efforts and general affiliate needs. In addition, this position is responsible for all outreach efforts consistent with strategic volunteer engagement. The VOM position is responsible for assessing organizational need and capacity for volunteers, creating volunteer program materials (policies and procedures, applications, volunteer agreements, orientation handbooks, volunteer database management and tracking of volunteer statistics, and the Volunteer Program Budget. The VOM is also responsible for the identification of and facilitation of deepening of corporate and individual relationships in support of Habitat’s expanding mission. Finally, this position is responsible for the day-to-day management of one AmeriCorps worker, including performance reporting, oversight in collaboration with the Habitat MDC AmeriCorps program specialist.
- Creates, manages, and implements a strategic volunteer engagement program that includes:
- Screening and matching of volunteers to organizational needs.
- Recruiting new volunteers as necessary for special project or initiatives.
- Coordinating daily volunteer schedule including scheduling and confirmations.
- Communicating schedule to construction staff, ReStore staff and other appropriate parties.
- Stewarding current volunteer relationships through the creation of a comprehensive Volunteer Recognition Program.
- Maintains volunteer program materials including manuals, handbooks, orientation documents, etc.
- Enters volunteer data into donor management software, creates thank you notes and follow-up correspondence.
- Responds to all volunteer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Manages logistics for paid Build Day’s with corporate volunteer groups.
- Supports Peer to Peer fundraising for affinity or individual volunteer groups.
- Designs and delivers trainings and orientations for individuals and volunteer groups.
- Engages with the Pottstown Community Action and the Norristown Citizen in Action (as Neighborhood Revitalization zone liaison) by attending meetings, fostering leadership, encouraging membership and representing the mission focused work of Habitat MDC
- Trains volunteers in sensitivity measures required by the neighborhood revitalization core competencies.
- Meets volunteers on various construction sites periodically to ensure quality volunteer management at all levels.
- Attends outreach events representing Habitat’s interests in a professional and competent manner.
- Manages AmeriCorps program administration as the Host Site Manager for the affiliate including timesheets, recruitment assistance and acts a liaison with national specialists as well as internal supervisors.
- Plans internal and external recognition or recruiting events.
Competencies & Skills:
- Experience developing and implementing project plans.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a larger staff team.
- Ability to motivate staff and volunteers.
- Superior communication skills: oral, written, proofreading, editing, and presentation.
- Superior interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to broadly diverse audiences.
- Superior organizational skills: ability to set priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Computer Skills Required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, Social Media and donor/ volunteer management software (Raiser’s Edge or similar).
- High energy level, self-starter, strong sense of initiative, creative problem solving, flexibility, and sense of humor.
- College degree preferred.
- Volunteer management experience required, preferably with a human services organization.
- Experience using database systems preferred.
- Comfort learning to use new technology.
- Experience working in development or with volunteers preferred.
- Computer skills required: Word, Excel, Power Point, social media and Outlook.
- Calm and resilient personality.
- Tuesday through Saturday schedule required.
Hours, Compensation, and Benefits:
- Full-time, overtime-exempt position
- Schedule is Tuesday-Saturday, 8:30 am-4:30pm
- Competitive Salary
- Standard benefits package applies.
Salary range: $40,000 - $45,000 annually
Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Volunteer Outreach Manager Application