Bookstore Manager - Wheaton Bookstore at Old Silver Spring Library
Old Silver Spring Library
8901 Colesville Road
The Bookstore Manager is a part-time position that oversees retail sales activities of the bookstore in a fashion that benefits FOLMC, under the Director of Business Operations. This position ensures high quality, responsive customer service and possess knowledge of used books, pricing and merchandising.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage store operations and inventory, including the physical arrangement of sale and display areas
- Arrange for processing of community donations and ex-library materials
- Coordinate personnel schedules and documents
- Balance cash register receipts; complete daily and monthly sale reports
- Supervise, direct and evaluate staff and volunteers
- Maintain a safe, pleasant and respectful work environment
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Foster a spirit of trust and cooperation between employees and volunteers
- Understand and abide by any contractual agreements
- Understand and effectively communicate how proceeds benefit the library system
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate college degree
- Management and customer service experience.
Hours: Part-time, minimum of 25 hours per week.
Montgomery County Earned Sick & Safe Leave. Following one year of successful employment: Employer paid Life/AD&D, 403(b) eligibility.
Minimum Education Required