ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. As a national online force driven by over one million members, we move decision makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America. We activate our members to take action on crucial issues—from criminal justice to media representations to the social safety net and voter freedom—so that we can build the power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society. Our work – both rapid response and long-term campaigns for change – amplifies the voices of Black folks and our allies, building power and delivering meaningful wins that create consequences for racial injustice and build momentum for implementing solutions that move Black people and all people forward.
The IT Operations Team sets policy for and manages the daily IT operations of COC three entities, Color Of Change Education Fund, a 501(C)3 nonprofit corporation; Color Of Change, a 501(c)4 nonprofit corporation; and Color Of Change PAC, a 527 political action committee. We interface with and support all operating departments of COC, senior management, staff, and vendors.
Color Of Change’s IT Operations Associate is primarily responsible for
- Supporting the technology needs of our staff at all Color of Change office locations and remote locations
- Deploying new laptops and workstations
- Managing the health of our existing laptops, workstations, voice/data networks
- Providing internal technical support to staff
- Working with the Director of IT Operations and staff to pilot/deploy of new tools to manage the environment
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Support other projects for the IT Operations Team as needed
These two positions are part time (both IT Operations Associates roles) and will report to the Director of IT Operations.
The IT Operations Associate will be a hands-on professional with enthusiasm, high-energy and a positive attitude. They will have a strong customer service mentality, and passion to support racial and social justice work.
To excel in this role, you will likely have experience with:
- Mac OS X and Windows
- Microsoft Office and other office suites
- Google Apps - Specifically Gmail, User/Resource Calendaring & Google Docs Support
- Basic OS X command line tools
- Networked printers and multifunction copiers
- A/V experience - basic conference room setups, video conferencing systems such as Webex, Zoom, Polycom.
- Troubleshooting issues with applications and computers face to face with users
Pluses if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- Experience deploying and/or supporting Active Directory in a Mac OS X environment, especially if integrated with LastPass
- Experience deploying and/or supporting MDM tools (Airwatch, Filewave, etc)
- Experience with Radius
- Experience deploying and/or supporting vulnerability scanning tools
- Working knowledge of Android, iOS, Chrome
Salary is commensurate with experience, and Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package. This is a part-time (20hrs per week) non-exempt position.
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click the link (https://colorofchange.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fblk) and submit a resume and COC-specific cover letter. Applications will be received on a rolling basis.