1140 W. Jackson Blvd.
The Recruiter is responsible for all aspects of recruiting for all positions at Mercy Home.
This is a full time position located at our West Loop Campus:1140 W. Jackson Blvd. Chicago, IL 60607
The schedule for this position would generally be: Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm or 9am-5:30pm
Mercy Home for Boys and Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree required (with a focus in Human Resources, Business or related field ideal).
- Previous experience in recruiting staff or volunteers, ideally in a social service setting.
- Experience working in an administrative setting.
- Highly proficient with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook. Proficiency with HRIS systems a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills. Proven customer service skills and the ability to manage a large amount of telephone work.
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative to improve processes.
- Ability to multi-task, handling many projects with competing priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret various types of data and/or information from multiple sources.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in response to questions and requests.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the Agency.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Post open positions on the Agency website as well as with online job boards as requested.
- Assist with the development and execution of the agency’s recruitment plan by reviewing resumes, responding to candidates and conducting phone screen interviews.
- Assist in the process of managing resumes and applications.
- Schedule interviews with designated applicants.
- Manage ongoing communication with candidates.
- Greet applicants, administer candidate assessments and escort to interviews.
- Track employee referrals as well as internal candidates.
- Ensure HR receives interviewing manager’s feedback in a timely manner.
- Conduct phone reference checks for selected candidates.
- Maintain department activity report and lead weekly activity meetings.
- Manage process to offer position to selected candidates.
- Ensure follow up with all applicants not selected for a position.
- Represent the Agency at external recruiting activities and job fairs. Assist the team in finding new recruiting and marketing opportunities.
- Manage applicant tracking system as well as filing system for applications of non-hired applicants.
- Maintain record of all job postings as well as costs related to job postings for budgeting purposes.
- Assist with onboarding and HR orientation of new coworkers when requested.
- Perform regular analysis of applicants and new hires to determine top recruiting sources, diversity of candidates and length of time jobs are open, as well as other metrics.
- Act as liaison with area employment agencies.
- Assist in the development, achievement and assessment of department CQI goals, objectives and processes.
- Ensure all department recruitment policies, procedures and forms are up to date.
- Assist with filing, copying, data entry and other administrative tasks as requested.
- Assist with other HR functions and Agency operations as requested.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=e4162d97-8202-4b9b-8a7d-f4cf54b059f3&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=231768&lang=en_US