Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Financial Analyst will partner with key stakeholders (internally and externally) to manage and support Tides financial strategy, planning, analysis and reporting activities. This position plays a key in partnering with FP&A staff to conduct diverse financial analysis, financial reporting, financial planning and strategic planning for Tides five legal entities including Tides & Tides Center 501c3, Tides Advocacy 501c4 and two real estate entities.
The Senior Financial Analyst is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform financial analysis and modeling to measure, assess, and adapt business operations and service offerings
- Budgeting, revenue forecasting, and financial management reporting including reporting on periodic and historical financial results
- Analysis for all types of data projects—trends, risks, correlation, indicators, etc.
- Understanding of customer needs and market opportunities including analysis of new partnering, new product and new business proposals
- Support efforts related to business intelligence, a database and analyses methodology of Tides financial and business information useful to management
- Development and maintenance of dashboards useful to the daily management of the organization
- Identification and translation of economic indicators to provide information for financial projections
- Project management of intricate analyses, coordinating between other colleagues and occasionally clients
- Support with communicating and interpreting quantitative results in writing, graphically and verbally for staff and management at all levels throughout the organization
- Assist with the creation of tools to enhance financial and other decision-making
- Accomplish quality work within established timeframes, using time and resources effectively and prioritizing tasks to meet current workload and new challenges
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MS Excel experience encompassing the use of tables, charts, indirect functions, lookup functions and visual basic macros is required
- MS PowerPoint and MS Word experience including the importation and integration of MS Excel tables and charts is required
- NetSuite experience encompassing the extraction of existing reports is required; experience developing new reports is strongly preferred
- SalesForce experience encompassing the extraction of existing reports is required; experience developing new reports is preferred
- Accounting experience encompassing basic rules and principles including capitalization and accruals is required; experience with not-for-profit accounting is preferred
- Demonstrated financial analysis skills with experience including complex allocation methodologies and CAGR, IRR and NPV calculations
- Demonstrated financial reporting skills with experience including the preparation of balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with experience building constructive working relationships across an organization
- Ability to distill financial and other information to meaningful, cogent management insights
- Ability to directly and truthfully present accurate and appropriate information
- Ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment
- Ability to be self-accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results
- Ability to provide a high level of satisfaction in meeting the needs of internal clients
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental and functional lines
- Ability to clearly and efficiently communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain a high-level and consistent work ethic
- Ability to function in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to and appreciation of diverse viewpoints, different communication styles and a wide range of diverse colleagues
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of work experience in a similar position
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, data analytics, and/or another strongly quantitative discipline is preferred
- An MBA, received or in-process, is preferred
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.